jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

what is your take on showing domestic violence, hate,lust and promiscuos behavi

1. Mayaanjali profile image67
    Mayaanjaliposted 7 years ago

what is your take on showing domestic violence, hate,lust  and promiscuos behavior on TV?

Prime time TV should be such that the entire family should be able to watch it .

2. BillyDRitchie profile image58
    BillyDRitchieposted 7 years ago

I'm not a fan of it, and not given to watch it, but I'm also not in favor of censorship.  TV shows should come with ratings, much like movies do, but networks should also be free to air whatever they wish....

3. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

Television is one of the main forms of media...
    There are a lot of bad things that happen in our world and to be realistic, TV shows should be permitted to show these bad deeds, after the 9pm curtain ofcourse. We have the power to switch the TV off should we not wish to see such shows.
    How could a CSI episode be made without showing such behavious? Most episodes of CSI involve murder.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 7 years ago

Hongkong and china movies are basically full of those stuffs. I don't watch them. I would read the reviews first before letting my kids to watch them. Otherwise, switch to comedy movies instead.

5. Thesource profile image79
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Unfortunately, cable companies are responding to what they think most of us like. Ancient Romans love to watch live shows on violence, sex and other atrocities against man and animals.

Today, while adults can turn away from them. Children are the biggest victims. You are right Prime TV should be suitable for all in the family. However, media corporations have other priorities.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

during prime time i don't like it but i will admit that i love movies with violence, sex, mayhem and all the other naughty things. i'm glad that many shows are now rated, it gives us parents some sort of guide as to what we will let our kids watch.

working