jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your best idea to fix our economy?

1. ExpertCLB profile image61
    ExpertCLBposted 7 years ago

What is your best idea to fix our economy?

2. blackconception profile image59
    blackconceptionposted 7 years ago

Totally do away with the IRS and make everything a 20% sales tax. Yeah, that is a high sales tax, however, you have no property taxes, no income taxes, etc. Also, this would save millions in federal spending due to superfluous government jobs within the IRS itself.  It is just an idea that I have had for a while.  In addition to doing that, I think that if we had a little more incentive for green energy in the US, it would help build up some private corporations.  That is in high demand, but many people that want to start a green energy installment company are worried about taking a risk right now.

3. Wayne Brown profile image86
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

It's time to throw weight heavy to the private sector...take the bridle off and let her run.  The government is too mired in debt to be the stimulus for moving the economy.  Given the proper tax breaks and investment incentives and the private sector will fire on ally cylinders.  The message being sent by the current administration is one of doubt and unknowing...we have to remove that and give American business a clear vision of the five year horizon. WB

4. profile image58
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

Entrench. Bring our troops home and put them on the borders. Restart our manufacturing. Provide incentives for small business startups. Stop sending our money overseas. Stop sending jobs overseas.
       Once we've pared down our trillions dollar debt (and removed China as our debt holder), we can re-emerge as a stronger world player.

5. Dee aka Nonna profile image79
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 7 years ago

I agree with the IRS portion of blackconception's answer.  20% is not too much if you don't have the other....I've always said that thay should only ask for 10% from everyone....even God doesn't ask for more than that.  The other thing I think is to throw out everyone who is in congress now and do away with the lobby groups.  Politics as it has become is not serving the public well because they are too busy doing the bidding of the big corporate giants.

6. profile image63
    Paul Cheslerposted 7 years ago

Employment is the key to a good economy.  When too many are jobless, not enough people can afford things.  This kills the retail industry, and when people eventually fall behind on their mortgage payments, the financial industry gets fried.  Essentially, we need more jobs for the economy to get better.  Jobs wise, America's bread and butter has always been the manufacturing jobs.  Sadly, most of our manufacturing jobs have been getting outsourced, slowly but surely.  Manufacturing jobs have always been what supported the working-class family, the true driving force of our economy.  To fix this, we should impose a tax on all companies who outsource jobs, past, present, and future.  This would reverse the trend and improve our employment rates drastically.  A better economy is sure to follow suit after that.

working