President Trump Will Win Re-Election

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (186 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image87
    crankaliciousposted 4 years ago

The November jobs numbers came out and are very strong.

There is a simple historical fact at play here: Presidents get credit when the economy is strong and blame when it is weak. As much as conservatives may hate it, many saw Obama succeeding in this way and that's why he won a second term. The economy was doing well, certainly better than it had been under the previous administration.

Further, our society values the cutthroat businessman. You get ahead in business by being a bastard and shoving other people out of the way. This is precisely President Trump's personality. "I am willing to do whatever it takes to make the economy strong."

If the economy remains strong a year from now, he will win a second term.

1. Eastward profile image80
      Eastwardposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm hoping that the percentage of people that aren't sharing in the economic benefits makes the difference at the voting booth. The class division in the US is striking and, at least from what I'm seeing, more people are fed up with it than at anytime in my adult life.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
        GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Where you place the blame for this increased "class division" Eastward?

I won't leave that as an open question, I will say that I view such sentiment to be the change in our economic system where money works instead of people.

It used to be that folks worked to improve their station in life, but now that our economy has changed from industrial and manufacturing to financial and service, I think the "class" mobility has become dependent on money working instead of folks working.

Savings accounts might be one barometer. In the past those with a little extra money used savings accounts to grow their wealth, but now, with savings accounts paying slightly above the negative that is no longer an option.

We are and have been in recent years, in a changing dichotomy. I don't think out populace has caught on to that yet. So what one may see as class division, another might see as irreversible progression. Our question is how do we avoid joining those left by the wayside.

GA

I agree with a lot of what you've said here, GA. Though birth-class is the biggest determinant of success, I think that in America's past, there was more social mobility. In the days of US manufacturing, one could buckle down, work a full-time job plus a part-time job to start to start to see the next rung on the ladder. Now, with the costs of education, rent, etc. skyrocketing along with the number of low-paying, gig economy jobs, that seems a lot less likely. I would need to further verify it, but I read that about half of Americans make under $16 per hour. Considering the cost of living in the U.S., that means holding at least a few jobs to live in very meager conditions. Then there's the issue of healthcare in a gig economy...

I'd also agree that the populace really hasn't caught on to the depth of these issues yet. I still see U.S.-based articles talking about bringing back jobs from China while I read China-based articles about widespread job losses due to automation in the manufacturing sector. We will need to adapt to a world that depends much less on our old concepts of equating employment and class mobility.

Of course we want to avoid joining those being left by the wayside, but we also need to consider the stability of our nation when too many people are being left by the wayside (especially with politicians refusing to acknowledge the reality of the situation).

crankaliciousposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is really interesting guys, both points. I think GA's position supports a lot of different solutions, but it is much more clear from my POV, that GA would be a bit more conservative since some kind of government solution to what he perceives as the problem can only be a hand-out and it really wouldn't work. There needs to be some kind of wholesale re-education and re-training.

GA seems to be saying (and Eastward), and what has been shown to be true, is that "working" Americans are increasingly finding themselves in low-paying work that isn't a living wage and that saving isn't cutting it.

All very interesting - a topic for an entire forum to be sure

It is certainly a complex topic, very important to the core of our nation. I found the article I was referring to and will use that as the start of a new thread!

2. Ken Burgess profile image79
              Ken Burgessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In today's world one has to learn how to use "money" and "debt" wisely.

Money is no longer real, it hasn't been for a long while, but it took a while for debt and leverage to reach the 'common man' to have the ability to use.

Today with LLCs, and even personal debt one can build an empire with almost nothing.  But one has to have the experience, intelligence and know-how to do so... and that isn't what will be taught to you in school.

It still takes hard work, a lot of work, and a lot of willingness to shift with the changing times and economic winds, but many people who have little are becoming millionaires because they understand how things work today and are taking advantage of it.

You don't get ahead in today's world working a 9 to 5 job, you might survive doing that, but you won't elevate your economic status (if that stuff matters to you) by doing so.

I don't think it has ever been easier for someone to get ahead in this world, to make themselves into a multi-millionaire if they are willing to work at it.  But they need to be damned smart and dedicated... and most are not.

Mining bit coin would be one example, no?

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
                Castlepalomaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

When I was working for others as a young man, back then I felt the freedom.

Lucky I began being an entrepreneur early on. Today I feel sorry for most of the working stiffs and the fact they don't like their jobs. It is most devastating waste of time that I can imagine into a persons life. .

2. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Can never assume people will do the right thing, or even the most sensible thing, so it's a distinct possibility. I think Biden has the only realistic chance of beating Trump (so does Trump, which is why he went to all the trouble of pressuring the Ukraine into investigating his son) but it depends on whether the The Left can get behind Biden as the sensible candidate who won't scare away the centre rights and purples, or if they will dilute the voting block by voting idealistically rather than pragmatically. The demographic of the left vote means idealistic voting is more likely than pragmatic voting, which could be a problem.

Don, why wouldn't the most sensible thing be to vote for the person who appears to be improving your financial position and that of the country?

It appears to me that we liberals are trying to predict the future and that's a tough sell. Oh, if we don't get rid of Trump, bad things are going to happen. I believe that.

However, the practical person may be saying - look at the economy and my personal situation. It's better. I'm voting for the guy I perceive made it better, even if I don't like him because business is cutthroat and he's what we need.

1. Don W profile image83
          Don Wposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"...why wouldn't the most sensible thing be to vote for the person who appears to be improving your financial position and that of the country?"

Because it is only appearance, and because extra money right now at the expense of long term social and economic stability, is a false economy. Those extra dollars (or more accurately the policies that lead to these perceived short-term gains) will have a political, social and economic cost. And the people voting for the guy they perceive as having given them those gains (not the billionaires or the millionaires, but the ordinary working and middle class people) are most likely the ones who will pay that future cost, because they will not be insulated from the long term social and economic effects of those policies, unlike the corporate donor class, which Trump himself is a part of.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A job rather than welfare is only "appearance"?  Food on the table is only "appearance"?  I highly doubt that you would be able to convince the person that finally found work that the "long term social stability" is more important, even if they were convinced that only the Democratic party could deliver that.  Or that they will pay the price for the economic effects of their job.

As you point out, you're not talking about the billionaires of the country, but the working stiff that finally found a decent paying job after a decade of stagnation.  I just don't see that person blaming Trump for the future failure of society and the economy even if it does happen as Democrats are predicting.

On the other hand if he does follow economic news, and sees that month after month unemployment is down, employment is up, wages are up, country wide spending is up, businesses are coming back into the country and they are personally benefiting from all that, my money is on them not believing the doomsayers predicting that Trump's policies are going to put them back into the gutter.  So far we have only those doomsayers, all demonizing Trump, predicting that doom; everything people see is rosy.

1. Live to Learn profile image59
              Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There's the problem. Everyone loves an endtime prophesy. Without religion they turn to politics to get their fix.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

The only true God is the Government because non-believers have no say in how things are going down.

The are parts of Religions that do have end of the earth parties, I won't be drinking their Kolaid and I predict many more generation to come. All I want is less suffering and more happiness in the world.

The only way to separate Religion, politiscains and military in bed together.
                Is with a crowbar.

2. GA Anderson profile image88

OMG! It's not just me!

"Because it is only appearance, and because extra money right now at the expense of long term social and economic stability, is a false economy."

Damn it Don, you have to stop being so rational. How am I supposed to argue with that?

But, back to seriousness. I think you make an excellent point. The dollar shouldn't be the arbiter of what is the right thing to do.

GA

1. Ken Burgess profile image79

We have come to social and economic instability because of a quarter century of Congress & Presidents that have aided in the flow of jobs to foreign nations, they created a hostile environment for businesses with taxation, regulation, changing the definition of fulltime employment, etc.

The bulk of our trillions of debt is because they have allowed for unending conflict, spreading our military involvement from one nation to another, we have toppled or occupied half the Middle East.

For a quarter century they have ignored an open border problem, a million or more immigrants a year flowing into our country.  All these issues and more were created before Trump came along... in large part it is why we have Trump as president today.

Since Trump took office in January 2017, the economy has added 6.2 million jobs in 33 months.   

This during the phase where he fought Canada, Mexico, China, Germany, etc. to rewrite trade agreements to make them more favorable to America, so that 'Made in America' could actually compete here in America.

An example of how his fight against China in particular hurt growth for the short term:
              "Kent International, of Parsippany, New Jersey, imports most of its bikes from China but makes about 260,000 a year at its factory in Manning, South Carolina. Most of its parts, however, are also made in China and those have been hit by a 25% tariff, raising the company’s costs by 16%. The pricier bikes also have reduced sales by 5% to 7%, says company CEO Arnold Kamler."

But when America goes back to making those parts here in America (and this will take time), the end result will be millions more jobs for Americans and those parts being cheaper than from China, now that China's products face a tariff.

If his trade deals and hard fought stance with China start seeing results, more small companies will spring up in America... companies will begin making bike parts, and car parts, and phone components here in America again, and job growth will continue.

With job growth comes rising wages, all this in turn makes it far easier to maintain 'social and economic stability'.

This of course is NOT what the big international corporations want, nor is it what China wants, but for the first time in a quarter century we have a President that has made an effort to put America's needs first.

No wonder he is despised by so many.

3. Ken Burgess profile image79

Talk about revisionist history... this quote exemplifies it.

The economy was still stagnant during the 2011 run up to the election, unemployment was bad, housing was bad, the stock market was bad...

Every indicator said we were in the midst of a recession that was dragging on for what seemed forever... GDP was around 1%... and Obama's decisions to shut down NASA programs and ramp up Regulations (among other early and costly decisions in his first term) put hundreds of thousands of Americans in fields not related to construction (which was decimated by the recession) or retail out of work at the worst time.

BUT - Obama was able to successfully lay the blame for the economic quagmire we were in at that time, at the feet of Bush. The MSM pushed that message 24x7... the message was Obama kept it from becoming much worse, and we were still in a recession because of Bush putting us there.

IN ADDITION - Romney was a solid option, but less than ideal, with his willingness to take a firm stand on abortion, his caught on tape quote of the 47%, and other missteps, he really was in no position to usurp a popular incumbent.

IN ADDITION - That was also the last election the MSM will have a major impact in an election.  So long as people have twitter & facebook & youtube & bitchute & gab, etc. etc. to gather information and opinions from, they won't be concerned about the opinions of Cable News & Papers.  Americans think they lie, they are biased, and they tune it out.

I have been saying this for years now.

If the economy is good, then the actions of Congress will only add to his popularity... this is the man that ran on "Draining the Swamp"  he calls the politicians in Congress "Crooks and Thieves".  So if the ever unpopular Congress continues its attacks on Trump, it will only make him more popular come 2020.

HOWEVER - I don't expect the economy to be doing well next November, China has poured Trillions into American stocks, with the intent of causing a Crash prior to the election.  They will also invest billions into supporting whatever Democrat wins the nomination, to defeat Trump.  They already have control of Biden, currently that is the horse they are backing.

We will see how effective China is at toppling the economy, they will have the help of billionaires like Soros and Steyer and Bloomberg... it will be interesting to see how well they orchestrate the Nation's economic downfall.

4. Sharlee01 profile image79
      Sharlee01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

At this point, I think Trump is a shoe-in... And you know what, if the Dem's had not chosen to go down crazy street he may not have been. They needed to offer up a good agenda instead of an impeachment. And by now they should know what the people want. because Trump provided that agenda and brought much of his agenda to fruition. It seems so simple? Baffles me why the Dems have not realized it?

During the Obama years, the Republicans just played the obstruction game and ended up in the White House, so your line of thinking doesn't ring true. It really depends on the candidate the Dems put forth. If it's same old, same old white, male, political hack, I don't see how they win.

1. Sharlee01 profile image79

Yes, they still have time to put a worthy candidate up to beat Trump. Will they? It seems they make mistake after mistake.

I see your point in regards to the fact the republicans were obstructionists. However, the Dems are not just obstructing things getting done, they are trying to impeach a president that is popular. It appears to many this is a ploy to cancel out their vote and oust a duly elected president.

It's just my opinion, the Dems should have worked on finding a good candidate with an attractive logical agenda. Right now the candidate's agendas make little sense to hardworking people. And the majority of our citizens are just that hard-working...   I would not think it should be so hard to find such a candidate?

The line of reasoning that he is popular and that the Dems are trying to cancel an election would make complete sense if he were popular and if he had not consistently abused his power and thumbed his nose at the Constitution and the law.

1. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"Reasoning" implies the use of reason.  One cannot use reason and conclude Trump is popular with the American people.

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
                Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Not unless one is convinced Fox News is anything other than an entertainment outlet. tongue

2. Live to Learn profile image59

Statements like that are easily perceived as bullying, by saying only unreasonable people think he is popular. Many reasonable people conclude he is popular. He certainly fills more seats at a rally than those hoping to oppose him do.

I would think any on the left might have figured out by now that insults don't win people over to their way of thinking. You seem intelligent. How do you perceive that tactic to be working for you?

1. profile image0

No, I'll not let this stand.

Crowd size at rallies is not a measure of overall popularity with the American people. It is not logical or reasonable to conclude it is. Stating a fact is not bullying. It is time we stop.pretending that false statements are true, that fantasy is reason, that emotion is rationality.

Sorry, but there is no reasonable or logical way to conclude that crowd size at rallies is an indicator of popularity with the American people and stating that fact is certainly not bullying.

What a bunch of malarkey... can't believe you wasted the time to type such bunk.

Obama could fill a stadium... he was popular.

Trump can pack a stadium... he IS popular.

Biden couldn't pack a High School... good luck with that lunatic as your nominee.  No wonder they are impeaching Trump, its the only chance they have and they know it.

I think, in the current climate, you may find yourself to be wrong.

I'll grant you that filling a stadium, in and of itself, would not say much. But, the media tried to herd the public into a belief Trump had a snowball's chance of winning. He won. The media has consistently painted Trump in the worst light possible, and he is still standing.

Time will tell, but I don't trust the media to tell the truth about Trump's popularity. I don't have much more faith in the polls.

2. Ken Burgess profile image79

He is very popular all things considered, that being an onslaught of negative press, including fabrications and outright lies against him, that more than 40% of Americans still approve of him despite constant negative coverage is pretty amazing... it shows almost half the country is smart enough to know their MSM News is full'o'crap and not worth listening to.

3. Sharlee01 profile image79

It is my opinion that Trump is popular. I am not sure he has abused his power or offended our constitution?  I will await the results of the Senate trial. I think it will be a suitable forum to present both sides.

I must admit this impeachment process has become a must at this point. However, so far I am convinced that any impeachable crimes have been committed.  I look forward to the trial, for the fact I hope to see this all put to rest.  Time to move on. We are facing another election, and we need to concentrate on that. 

Let me repeat --- "It's just my opinion, the Dems should have worked on finding a good candidate with an attractive logical agenda. Right now the candidate's agendas make little sense to hardworking people. And the majority of our citizens are just that hard-working... "

I had hoped to get your opinion on my above thoughts.  Does it serve us to be at odds?  I have a clear picture of your true opinion in regards to the president. I had hoped to move on to the subject of where the Dems should go from here? Was it wise to push an impeachment so close to an election?

After all, the subject of this thread is "President Trump Will Win Re-Election"... My comment was my opinion on the subject matter. I was making a point as to why he most likely will.

Can you guarantee Trump won't continue to ask for foreign powers assistance in investigating his political opponents? 

Of course you can't, but to wait until an election is meddled with before you do something about it is paramount to doing nothing.

1. Sharlee01 profile image79

Let me repeat --- I must admit this impeachment process has become a must at this point. However, so far I am convinced that any impeachable crimes have been committed.  I look forward to the trial, for the fact I hope to see this all put to rest.  Time to move on. We are facing another election, and we need to concentrate on that.

I have never at any point believed Trump worked with Russia to win the election.  The Mueller report proved that he did not. And my common sense tells me Trump did nothing. with Ukraine to promote his candidacy. Let me remind you his call was made per protocol, with 12 people on the call. This would seem a very odd way to commit a crime...

This circus has just made me realize there are many in our country that have little common sense and are willing to believe just about anything without factual proof.

The Mueller report did not prove Trump didn't collude with Russia, it just didn't prove he did. The same obstruction of documents and witnesses by the WH affected that report as well.

How can you say Trump hasn't obstructed congress when he's done exactly that, and even brags about it on TV? What oversight does congress have if he stonewalls all witnesses and documents? Answer this query if any of them is to be addressed.

5. peterstreep profile image80
      peterstreepposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Trump won't win. No I have to say. Trump doesn't want to win, Trump wants to retire. And surely he will find an excuse. Probably health issues or family...
      The reason why I say this is because Trump already got what he wanted. Tax cuts and profitable personal business deals. And he is tired.
      Trumps base (and I'm not talking about red necks but about the wealthy 1%) has the tax breaks and the coming crisis they wanted. So they want the next president as a more stable person to restore the foreign relationships Trump professionally killed off.
      Foreign relationship under Trump is the worst ever. And as business is global (Trump is anti globalisation remember, America first) the base is not happy to continue with Trump.
      The 1% prefer the republican party but they are not political. If a better guy comes along, like Biden, a conservative Democrat, then they will support him.
      I don't like Biden but I think in the end the powers that be will support him more then Trump. And the US will end up with an old fashioned politician who will do business as usual...

I just don't think America can have a President Biden. History says it's a bad idea.

1. peterstreep profile image80

Why? Which part of the US history are you referring to?

Well, it's strictly an opinion based on my knowledge of American history, but my intuition about it says that Americans are looking for change and that confidence in Congress and career politicians is at an all-time low and we need somebody on the left who will shake things up. I think a Biden presidency will just shift conservatives even further right.

1. peterstreep profile image80

ah. Yes. well Biden is not my choice either, I would definitely vote more progressive if I lived in the USA. But I think the powers that be would like to have a conservative president.
              Democratic headquarters chose Clinton above Sanders in the last election with dramatic consequences.
              The question is how strong is the influence of the 1% (Murdoch,Koch brothers, Zuckerberg etc.) on the next elections. They oppose a progressive America. Question is how strong is the desire to change. As it's evident that something needs to change drastically.

Giving the nomination to Biden would pan out as disastrous as when McCain tapped Palin as his running mate.

6. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I hope with all the BS trump has done since he was elected, along with the fact that he is up against impeachment, people will be smart enough not to vote him into a second term. He should have never been elected in the first place. That and a good chunk of our allies hate him, and a lot of people in other countries think he is a big joke. The only people that approve of what he is doing are avid republicans and the rich.

The job market is strong because of Obama. Not Trump. Since his trade war with China, more factories are closing or laying off then ever. While factories in china, and China's economy is booming. Due to all the US companies that have moved there.

Don't know where you're getting your "facts", but what I hear is that China is in deep doodoo because of that trade war, while we're seeing more business coming back to the US; it's hard to see where setting tariffs on imported goods causes mainland factories to quit operating.

Some factories import parts from China, Dan. Perhaps even many of them for all I know.

Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

He made the wealthy richer, all he has to do is lie about most everything else.

Homelessness is booming, I am so sad for most Americans who are a couple of paychecks from this.

While I agree, you could make that argument against every President before him.

Trump tells the world he has single handedly made his economy the best in the history of America. Just his lying skills are the best in the history of Presidents.

My time as a young adult homelessness was unheard of. Today, North America there millions of homeless living in vehicles, couch surfing, shelters, on the streets and dozens of other methods to survive and only getting worst faster.

Anyone I knew in the 70s did not take longer then a couple of days to get a job. Today very few jobs are secured jobs and job hunting is like, forever for many people. Many have to take a couple of part-time jobs with no benefits.

The number one problem is unaffordable housing. I've design a tiny house with a self sustainable  community that the Canadian government approves this spring. I will be manufacturing these houses that solves 90% of the housing problem. It's taken 15 years of pioneering and it's been more illegal than weed, which I also help make legal.

Its called globalism and open borders.

You don't ship 20 million jobs over to China and expect things to improve for the American worker.

You don't pass NAFTA and allow GM & Ford to open factories in Canada and China and expect those Union workers to still have jobs.

You don't let in over a million illegal immigrants every year for over 25 years and expect them all to have homes and good paying jobs... while at the same time you are shutting down factories and shipping those jobs to foreign lands.

The reason why this country is starting to look like a 3rd world nation is because IT IS BECOMING THAT.

That's what occurs when your politicians sell you out.  That's what happens when you allow NAFTA to be signed, and China to be a 'favored nation' for 50 years, and allow tens of millions to flow into your country unchecked.

China is now the 'great nation' and we are the one in 'decline' … and Trump is the only 'politician' in 30 years to stand up and point it out... and point out who is to blame.  Its no wonder he is being impeached.

Here's what I think you are missing, Ken (or I'm sure you know it, you're just choosing to politicize it the way you are).

All those move you outlined are because the American consumer demands cheap crap. They want cheap cars, clothing, toys, electronics...

We're in a constant battle between cheap goods and a living wage for American workers. Cheap goods are winning. How are politicians going to get re-elected if they increase jobs but also increase inflation?

In a nutshell, people want cheap goods more than they want good jobs for other people. So those moves you blame on traitorous politicians are all at the behest of the voters.

No.  Politicians don't pass trade agreements, or allow 'favored nation' status because Americans want "cheap crap".

Americans want jobs.  Those trade agreements, and other changes allowing companies to exodus America not only without feeling pain for it, but often incentivized them leaving with tax dollars to do so.  That was not what was best for America or our economy.

I think you're wrong. Americans was cheap goods first and jobs second. Politicians want to keep inflation as low as possible and they can do that by keeping goods cheap. That is the first, most important thing. If jobs are created but inflation is skyrocketing, then the jobs may not matter.

Further, a large percentage of adult Americans are employed. Improving the unemployment rate is good, but it helps a limited number of people. Keeping inflation low helps everyone (though obviously who cares if you're unemployed).

Also, allowing companies to lower their costs by manufacturing overseas allows those companies to increase their profits while keeping the price to the consumer low. That translates to higher stock prices and more profit. If, as you say, wealth is not production, but valuation (I'm paraphrasing), then this is the logical way of things.

A lot of what I'm saying explains why China has been so successful. They produce goods that Americans want more cheaply than they can be produced in America.

No jobs... no $$$, doesn't matter how cheap things are when you are broke.

Ken, c'mon now. I know you understand this.

Lower prices = more sales = more profits = more production = more jobs (both overseas and through brokers like retail outlets, logistics, shipping, management; etc.) = higher stock price.

Higher prices = fewer sales = less profit = less production = fewer jobs = lower stock price.

I'm pretty sure that's the calculus ALL politicians have been using, Democrats and Republicans. And generally, if you go back to the 80's, it's been working pretty well. The economy has been quite robust overall since then.

Homelessness is booming in democratic strongholds.

I'm richer, although I'm not rich. First good Christmas we are going to have in years.

Your hate doesn't change facts. The economy is stronger.

If Trump can just stay focused on the economy and talk only about the economy, there's almost no way he can lose. People vote with their wallet.

Especially since the democratic party is only offering up socialist ideas thus far.

2. profile image0

1) Trump will not be able to talk only about the economy. He has no mental discipline.
          2) Some people vote with their wallets; some vote with their conscience. If the election were held today, Trump would lose. A lot can happen between now and election day, though.

If the election were held today, "Trump would lose".

That's the kind of rallying call from liberals that keeps other liberals from voting and is the kind of predictive stuff that drives me crazy. And, I don't believe it.

Trump has an incredibly strong economic case and that motivates independents, who will probably decide the election.

1. profile image0

Eh, I am merely dealing in the current reality. I am not interested in playing games. As always, I encourage everyone to vote. I doubt that my post on this forum will discourage a single person. My opinion is not that consequential.

I'm using the royal "we". CNN does this all the time to encourage their viewers. They say: "look, we're winning!" when they're not.

1. profile image0

I deal in reality. Current polling shows  Trump underwater in states he carried in 2016. He barely won the electoral college, so any loss of voters is critical to his ability to win.

CNN is merely reporting the current polling. It could change and they will surely report that when/if it does.

2. GA Anderson profile image88

Quick, turn around and close that door!

GA  :-0

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Yeah, that "hate" BS didn't go over too well with Nancy, did it? I understand her anger as that identical accusation is used often by your ilk when they can't respond any other way.

Holy cow Randy! Did you really say that? Exactly what "ilk" is it that you are saying promotes hate? If these forums, (and the MSM Media), could be judged as a microcosm of the Democratic  Left, then I certainly wouldn't say it is the Republican Right that is promoting hate.

GA

I say it because I've been accused of hating Trump by several right wing posters on these forums, Gus. I feel sorry for anyone who believes he/she is above the law. This doesn't equate to hate, no matter who is claiming it.

I also feel sorry for those who think Trump is an honest person. Doubly so.

2. profile image0

You wouldn't say standing behind a lying, hateful bully who conducts false smear campaigns against virtually anyone who disagrees with him, including  those who sacrifice their lives for America, is promoting hate?

Well, I'll be damned.

Me too. ;-)

GA

Ah, my ilk. Pelosi acted deranged, imo. I suppose she would classify as your ilk, if we use your standard.

1. MizBejabbers profile image87
            MizBejabbersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Pelosi acted "deranged?" Her one-time behavior couldn't come close to Trump's everyday tantrums. But I'm sure you would refuse to agree that he is deranged. In your world, women aren't allowed to defend themselves. Repugs are certainly women-haters.  In fact, women turn on each other, like the Republican witch that ran for president. What was her name, Carly something? See, she's dropped out of sight, out of mind already.

This is the most bizarre post I've seen in a while. I'm a woman and, to be honest, I also find your post insulting and an attempt to bully. I don't have to agree with your position to expect not being insulted.

I would love for Pelosi to present a believable position. I'm sick of faux outrage. I'm tired of bs explanations for this circus.

Trump, personally, appears to be an ass. I've said that on many occasions. I don't have to like the man to respect the office. I don't have to like the man to dispassionately evaluate the outcome of his policies.

You want to goose step to the completely unbelievable and false narrative of the political left, feel free.

As a woman who believes I have the right, the intelligence, and the full facts as presented by both sides I can only shake me head at those who refuse to think for themselves. I get it. You're probably one of those women who wait for men to tell then what to think. I say what I think and am more comfortable changing men's minds than regurgitating what I found in them.

I think we call that selling your soul. No matter how egregious a person's behavior, it's okay if the economy is doing well.

To me, it seems increasingly clear that Trump was also involved in the Jeffrey Epstein sex ring. I mean, Prince Andrew appears to have been and Trump denies knowing Prince Andrew, yet appears in pictures with him.

It proves nothing - pictures - but it's the kind of behavior of somebody who is guilty.

Still, Trump could have had sex with hundreds of underaged girls and still people would support him.

1. Readmikenow profile image94
                  Readmikenowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Isn't that an illustration of Bill Clinton's second term?  He did some pretty bad things with women.  He still got elected to a second term.  He was even impeached.  The economy was too good.  That is real history.

On this, we agree. Liberals overlooked a lot of crap from Clinton because the economy was good.

2. crankalicious profile image87

LtoL, what is not believable about an abuse of power position? It's been proven clearly.

The thing that Trump supports and other conservatives do not seem to realize is that if we set the precedent that this is how Presidents can behave, then it is simply a matter of time before a Democrat does the same thing. If conservatives really think they've already seen Trump's Democratic equivalent, they are truly deranged. Whatever and whoever that is, it is going to be ugly.

Are you blind or totally brainwashed?  I hear that happens to people who join a cult... I can only imagine this is where those who so adamantly support the likes of Pelosi are at, brainwashed believers.

First nothing has been proven by these Congressional sideshows.  Other than their intent to Impeach Trump no matter what, because they know his investigations into them are going to be very damning.

Second, past Presidents have done far worse... VP Biden has done far worse, he out and out threatened to withhold a billion dollars in aid if they didn't fire the lead prosecutor investigating Barisma.

His son went to work on Barisma's board for $50k a month, Joe got a $900k fee for being an 'adviser', and who knows what went on under the table.

I hate to tell you, we have Trump BECAUSE of the rampant abuse of position that has been ongoing in D.C. for decades now.... like Uranium One,  a $145 million bribery scandal involving Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation.

You really need to wake up.

Seems to me you may have been brainwashed.

Let's parse your statement a bit:

"VP Biden has done far worse."

According to your argument, Biden threatened to withhold a billion dollars in aid if the Ukrainians didn't fire the lead prosecutor investigating Burisma.

So, according to your argument, Biden did this because the prosecutor was going after Biden or was going to find something on Biden. Do I have that right? Biden specifically was going to withhold that money because the Ukraine was on the verge of exposing him.

Except there's not a shred of evidence that's true. And you're conveniently leaving out that Biden wasn't even remotely acting by himself. Most of the international community wanted that prosecutor gone because of precisely the opposite of your argument - he wasn't investigating corruption at all because he was corrupt. So, that particular argument is garbage.

Trump is more than capable of requesting and getting an investigation in the Bidens if he wants one, but he instead decided to ask a foreign power to do it. He's continuously promoting the lie that the Ukrainians interfered in our last election.

This is the Republican playbook - repeat a lie until it becomes the truth.

2. crankalicious profile image87

I learned another significant fact this morning from the impeachment hearing. Rudy Giuliani knew there was nothing to the accusation against Biden in the Ukraine and admitted such, but kept pushing nonetheless.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

I'm pleased you consider Nancy of my ilk. LTL, like you're pleased you're exactly like Trump.

LOL. We were performing a mental exercise of using your reasoning. I don't mind pretending to be a contortionist.

3. Ken Burgess profile image79

I don't know what was more fascinating, watching her teeth pop in and out of her mouth as she talked, or watching her stumble through that monologue of misinformation.

3. profile image0

Yep. It gets really old.

I agree. It's getting old all the way around. I say stop the hypocrisy. Stop the grousing over losing an election.

Everyone in Washington needs to get back to the business of doing the will of the people and stop playing politics.

1. profile image0

As usual, you pretend Trump has done nothing to elicit the negative response  he gets.

Pat for the course.

And I agree with your last sentence. Tell Mitch.

If many (such as yourself) would wipe the chip from your shoulder we could all stand together and tell them all to get back to work.

I've never said Trump doesn't bring negativity his way. But, I didn't support impeachment for Bill Clinton (whom I despised) even though there were verifiable actions on his part which were illegal. Why would I support impeachment of a President that we don't yet have verifiable evidence of wrongdoing? We are at a rumor and innuendo point.

Give me solid evidence and we'll stand together. Until that time the left look like bullies attempting to justify their behavior with faux outrage.

1. profile image0

All who have testified under oath about Trump's motives have stated his actions were meant to damage a political rival to gain advantage in the election.

Perhaps if Trump and his minions would respond to subpoenas the way Clinton and Nixon did you would get the "solid evidence" you seek.  Since Trump is obstructing justice, which is itself an impeachable offense, that will not happen. Me, I'll believe career diplomats and intelligence professionals testifying under oath over Trump's incoherent ramblings and Twitter feed.

I'm sure there is a reason Trump doesn't want Bolton, Pompeo, and Mulvaney to testify under oath. If he is innocent, they could clear this right up, couldn't they?

That would be an American dream to stand together shoulder to shoulder with millionaire and billionaire's.

Kitty go back to sleep and continue the dream, at least there you can have some joy.

Alright. You started it. Why don't you try and wake up and use any brain cells you might possess.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76

Kitty
        Maybe hate is your favorite word. I've told noone I hate them in my adult life. I return your gift of hate back to you as a Christmas present.Trump brought back Christmass for Corporation-ism reasons. He is a legendary hero in his own mind. That's a fact.

Democracy my eye. Not even 3 million votes ahead counts for democracy.

You don't have to use the word hate to loudly proclaim to any within earshot that you hate.

I don't want your hate. You'll have to pretend to pass it off to someone else.

I'm in part an anarchist, why would I hate any Politician. I just don't care much for them all. They are just jokes in my comedy act as a freak show reporter. Let as_hole be as_hole. I'll desire and focus on love and work, and why bother to live a lie.

You keep driving this hate word at me. I am incapable of hate or being against anyone. Being not for someone or disagreeing, is not same as hate or against. Don't want to be part of the problem, because I love solutions.
            So please Stop It!!!

It took me a wail to train my daughter out of the hate word. Its extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward others; I have no enemies to hate. I might have a slight bigotry towards extremely stupid and bully people, but they are humans too. Some might be cold blooded reptiles, but I love all animals too.

3. Eastward profile image80

Personally, I'm surprised how little Trump has made me care about the value of my stocks and investments. I'm much more concerned about the country doing something, anything, that is sustainable. He is all-in for the wealthiest Americans, if those of us with some stocks, etc. get some benefits, fine. There are far too many people being left behind though and I think we'd be foolish to not expect dire consequences.

+++

3. Live to Learn profile image59
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

Considering how the left has acted for the last few years I do wonder how the right would act if a Democrat takes the White House?

1. profile image0

Same as they did last time.

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." - - Mitch McConnell

One guy who didn't push secret impeachment hearings and call him an imposter.

You'll have to do better than that.

1. profile image0

Lol, did Obama do something to warrant an impeachment inquiry? I must have missed that. And that one guy denied a president who was elected by the people twice his Supreme Court nominee.  And the GOP conducted seven Benghazi investigations over several years.

You can pretend the GOP is more cooperative than the Democrats but the record shows otherwise.

Both parties engage in partisan politics,but none of that changes the fact that Trump earned his impeachment proceedings with his own behavior.

Given that the only requirement for an impeachment is that political rivals are upset, it is apparent that Obama did a great deal to warrant it.

Before you deny that, bear in mind that a great deal has been made of the fact that no crime need be committed: all that is necessary is a dislike of policies or person by political opponents.

1. profile image0

As long as you hold the position that Trump has done zero to warrant an impeachment inquiry, there is no sense in discussing the matter with you.

One can disagree about whether his conduct rises to the level of removal from office, but facts are facts and Trump has obstructed justice, abused his power, and more.

If you want future presidents, including those whose policies you abhor, to be able to conduct themselves in the manner that Trump has, then that's on you.  I personally don't want future presidents to think this behavior results in no consequences.

How odd that I didn't even come close to mentioning Trump's impeachment or reasons for it and yet you claim that I maintain he did nothing to warrant an inquiry.  Is there a reason you made that declaration rather than replying to what was actually written?  Is there a reason that you can't leave Trump out of your rants and stick to the subject?

(In case you've forgotten, your question was "Lol, did Obama do something to warrant an impeachment inquiry?" and my entire reply was in answer to that question.  Nothing at all about Trump.  The closest I came to Trump was if you expand my answer about Obama to include Trump, whereupon the answer was "Democrats didn't need anything to warrant an inquiry.  Which is a far, far cry from declaring nothing he did warranted it.)

1. profile image0

Well, let's see, when you say things like this:  ".... all that is necessary is a dislike of policies or person by political opponents."

That is patently ridiculous and so stupid as to not even warrant a courteous response, but I'll attempt to give you one anyway.  I have yet to see an impeachment inquiry that arose from nothing more than dislike.  That is your personal interpretation, not borne out by any previous or current actions, and is based solely on your desire to make the current inquiry seem trivial.

If it is "patently ridiculous and stupid" then you need to read how "high crimes and misdemeanors" has no definition as well as listen to the experts that were called in to give the lawyers of Congress their opinions.  There have been a plethora of expert opinions lately, that all say the same thing - there need be no crime committed.  Simply something the politicians don't like, which is what I said.  A dislike of either the person or their policies.

2. Readmikenow profile image94

Obama sure did things worthy of being impeached.  Take your pick.  Here are are ten of his best scandals. All of them MUCH worse than anything the Democrats are accusing President Donald Trump of doing.

"The scandals of the Obama-Biden administration have been well-documented, but also well-covered-up by the media. They refused to give the scandals of the Obama-Biden administration the coverage they deserved when they happened, and they refused to challenge Obama when he repeatedly made claims of having a scandal-free administration and they certainly aren't going to challenge Biden echoing those same claims. I will, however, because unfortunately, too many people believe the myth of the scandal-free presidency of Barack Obama. So, here are just ten scandals of the Obama-Administration that Sleepy Joe is apparently proud of."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/biden-clai … e-are-ten/

pjmedia, no wonder! lol

2. Readmikenow profile image94

Facts are facts Randy, these things occurred and they are FAR worse than anything President Donald Trump is accused of doing. 

Here's some more.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/01/ … -scandals/

How about a link from a non-conservative opinion site, Mike?

1. IslandBites profile image89
                  IslandBitesposted 4 years agoin reply to this
                  1. profile image0

Worst scandals ever! Thank you for reminding us how juvenile, disrespectful, and undignified he was. big_smile

2. MizBejabbers profile image87
                  MizBejabbersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You would dare post this link to a site that proves that the Trump administration is as rotten as stuff at the bottom of an outhouse? This is nothing but unsupported allegations, and much of it is exactly what Trump is doing as supported by evidence.

"The Obama administration’s attorney general, Eric Holder, left office while being held in contempt of Congress for inhibiting the investigation of other Obama administration scandals."
                  So it is all right with you Repugs that:

Trump is inhibiting the investigation of Trump administration scandals, and
                  Ivanka is using a private email server for whatever reasons her little heart desires. Her father said it was different when she did it.

I could go on, but I think that's 'nuff said.

And Trump talked to Sondland on an unsecure phone in Ukraine where Russia monitors the cellphone calls. Like father, like daughter, Miz.

4. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

It's alot more peaceful being an anarchist.
    Than comparing Presidents evils.

5. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 4 years ago

All one has to do to counter the economic claims to is:

1,) show how the $7.2 billion in tariffs is being passed down to the middle class. 

2.) show how those tariffs have decimated the agricultural sector.

3.) show how the stock market has grown at the same rate as the last Democrat.

4.)  show how job growth, while strong in November, has been weaker under Trump as a whole.

5.)  show the trend lines of the unemployment rate dropping.

6.)  include the increased deficit Trump has implemented to achieve the same economy we had prior to him.

6. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 4 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/14796274.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)