jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think about TIME's selection for Person of the Year?

1. Kindacrazy profile image56
    Kindacrazyposted 7 years ago

What do you think about TIME's selection for Person of the Year?

Do you think the selection should have been a politician?  A government leader? A Diplomat?  Who would YOU have selected?

2. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Certainly at 19 years of age, Zuckerberg has created an impressive set of circumstances with the success that he has achieved with Facebook.  On the other hand, I think there are probably far more impressive people out there who may not just be selling advertising on a world wide website. There are no real miracles associated with Facebook and the money is a function of the advertiser's desire to get to as many people as quickly as possible. Facebook has not changed my life.  If it did, I would have to wonder about myself. For me, there probably more impressive choices for Person of the Year. WB

3. profile image59
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4269036_f260.jpg

The masses are engulfed in entertainment; probably because their lives are so pitiful and without substance that they need a mind-altering fix. And so sprouts Facebook, which competes with billionaire athletes and self-absorbed celebrities for time and space.
       But wait! There have been breakthroughs in cancer research! Doctors fight a spreading cholera epidemic in Haiti! And don't forget the child who became a police chief: Marisol Garcia, a 20-year-old student in Mexico, who took the job in a tough cartel-controlled border town after all the other chiefs of police were killed. Ah, but instead it is the lame and docile Facebook where we titter and amuse ourselves and block out the harshness of the real world.
       My pick would have been Suu Kyi, a Burmese politician who has been jailed three times for her pro-Western beliefs, or Marisol Garcia (pictured).

4. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 7 years ago

The young American billionaire deserves recognition as TIME's Person of the Year. There's no doubt about it for he made a difference the world over.

5. kesinee profile image81
    kesineeposted 7 years ago

Mark Zuckerberg inspires many people in the world in terms of his creativity - Facebook. His great idea make himself becomes a millionaire who age under 30 years. How cool he is? He deserves it.

6. ExpertCLB profile image63
    ExpertCLBposted 7 years ago

It reminds me of Time's 1999 pick: Jeff Bezos.

Hopefully, young Americans will see this and take the opportunity to go into the fields of science and technology.

7. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

Zuckerberg?   LOL roflmao  But, the world loves money, even jerks with money.  I think Time has lost it's mind and their taste is in their mouth.

working