Does one renounce Italian citizenship if one becomes an American citizen?
how do I know if my grandparents renounced italian citizenship
The rules changed in the 90's, so if it's your grandparents, then this logic should apply:
1. You only have to do it through one grandparent, so if one renounced, that doesn't disqualify you.
2. Depending if it the grandparent is male or female, there are different rules as well
3. It's a grandparent renounced 'after' your parent was born, then you're ok, it's only an issue before the birth
4. There's no easy way to find out if they've renounced, you'll need a bunch of records, including census data to see if they ever became a 'us citizen'
Here are some helpful docs I put together:
* http://italiandualcitizenship.pbworks.c … ligibility
* http://italiandualcitizenship.pbworks.c … aturalized
* http://italiandualcitizenship.pbworks.c … -No-Record
by theirishobserver. 8 years ago
Rand Paul, the Republican US senate candidate, has said he opposes citizenship for children born in the US to parents who are illegal immigrants.
by James R Tankersley 5 years ago
Is Barack Obama an American citizen?According to all the legit facts, our current President is an American citizen, but there are some that still say he is not, so my fellow hubbers, what do you say?
by Rev Bruce S Noll HMN 6 years ago
Do you think our elected government officials are in tune with the average American citizen?
by uncorrectedvision 7 years ago
In yet another echoing of the evil genius and master manipulator, Dick Cheney, Barrack Obama uses a drone aircraft to execute an American citizen, luckily it was on foreign soil, this time. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/ … 5C20111005
by Credence2 2 years ago
The Constitution requires that an eligible candidate for president must be a naturalized citizen. That means born in the U.S. or subject jurisdiction, or not born on AMERICAN soil but either parent is an American citizen. Otherwise how do the children of diplomats or our members of the military...
by JaxsonRaine 5 years ago
If a pressure cooker full of gunpowder is a WMD, then we found millions of WMDs in Iraq...Seems like a stupid charge, although I'm glad they are charging him as a citizen.
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|