What are your opinions on unemployment extensions and the non-support of the 99e

1. Understanding You profile image57
    Understanding Youposted 7 years ago

What are your opinions on unemployment extensions and the non-support of the 99ers extensions?

2. Abecedarian profile image78
    Abecedarianposted 7 years ago

This is opinion comes from a Texan where we haven't been hit nearly as hard as other states. Everywhere you look, there are job openings, it just may be that if you are a parent the hours don't bode well with your family needs, etc. but there are jobs there to be had.
    Extensions on unemployment sometimes I think are a necessity especially for the areas hit the hardest. Maybe they could take that into consideration? Extended to areas with an unemployment rate increase of ??? percentage.  As I understand it, they are still looking into supporting the extensions for the 99ers, it will just take a little longer to get them through, however, hard it is right now, if they are on unemployment, they are surely also getting assistance with food stamps and medical. Some times a little something is better than absolutely nothing.  When I was growing up we were poor. At times our families had to reach out to each other and bundle up in one home to help make ends meet. Times are hard right now. Some families may need to lean on each other more than ever now.

working