Do All Trump Supporters Agree with South Carolina's Trump Supporters?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Sychophantastic profile image85
    Sychophantasticposted 7 years ago

Here's the link to the poll, which was taken in February:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main … leads.html

Here are some of the things that South Carolina's Trump supporters apparently believe:

80% support a temporary ban on Muslims entering the U.S. (9% oppose)
    38% wish the South had won the Civil War (only 24% were glad the North won)
    31% would support a ban on homosexuals entering the United States (the poll does not show opposition, but no more than 17% of any other Republican candidates supports supported this notion. I think the point is that it's a large percentage relative to other voters)
    62% support a national registry for Muslims (23% oppose)
    40% support shutting down all Mosques in the U.S. (36% oppose)
    70% think the Confederate flag should fly over their state capital. (only 20% want it taken down)

These are some disturbing figures. Do you think these opinions are shared by most Trump supporters or is this an anomaly?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You have chosen figures from the far, far right and asked if all conservatives (Trump supporters) agree.  Rather obviously, they do not any more than all liberals agree with the opinions of the far, far left (ban all guns, allow complete immigration freedom for anyone reaching our borders, free total health care (for anyone needing it - someone else will pay for it), etc.

You have to know better - why then ask such a question?  Just to run down Trump over a relative handful of radicals?

Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump has offered some very radical opinions, so I think it's fair to ask, in a way, if he's fomenting the worst in us. Notice, I did not specifically ask if conservatives support SC's radical notions because that's not fair and I know most don't. However, Trump is not a conservative and he's barely a reflection of the GOP. He's all over the place. But one thing we know, his support comes from fear because, so far, that's all he's been doing, inciting fear. Again, I was very careful not to paint conservatives with the Trump supporter brush. And, if it makes you happy, I do not believe that most conservatives hold these views, but it's hard to wonder about those who support Trump.

Do you then think that there is a major difference between Trump supporters and all conservatives?  Are liberals voting for Trump now?  Are large numbers of conservatives voting Clinton (if so, why is she so low in the polls?)?

Like so very many on the Clinton team, she is getting their votes purely and simply because they hate or fear Trump.  An irrational fear, IMO, as no politician likes him and he will have real difficulty getting anything done on the Hill, while Clinton has a massive power base and will accomplish a great many more of her misguided programs.

As far as radical opinions, his wall (also proposed by Clinton, years ago) and the temporary ban on Muslin immigration (also seriously talked about by others) seem to be the most controversial.  Yet Trump is far from the only one talking about either one...

Wilderness, it's like we live in alternate universes. I think we're starting to see increasing numbers of conservatives come out for Clinton. I believe today the first GOP Congressman endorsed here and then another high level Bush Administration person in Florida left the GOP and said she would vote Clinton if Florida was close. You say she's low in the polls, but recent polls show her 9 points up.

That said, I'm surprised you support him. His temperment is frightening. He's like an adolescent who lashes out whenever anybody is mean to him. To say he won't do damage to the U.S. because Congress won't work with him seems like a risky assertion. Seems like he will damage foreign relations dramatically. His attack on the Muslim gold star family appears to be something of an aha moment for many. Maybe he's finally gone too far?

1. profile image0
              ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hogwash ,  a couple of idiot GOP opportunists cross over and you all of a sudden you think that  it will become a tidal wave ? Please .     The horribly dirty tricks of Obama's latest speech  about  an "unfit " Trump and Hillary's mafia  tricks are going  to bring them both  down !  I predict this election as an almost near" land  slide" for Trump .

I am glad that so many of the Sanders voters too -- See every  trick of the ethnically -racially biased DNC  !  Essentially  the DNC in the latest E-mails  ,  called Sanders out as" not wanting a Jew " in the mix of candidates !   

How does THAT sound to  democrats ?  Please explain that one ?

How short  the voting democrats memory is .

This list of GOP support for Hillary and those who won't endorse Trump is long. And if it makes you happy, I have always despised the DNC. This most recent revelation just makes worse my feelings about them.

2. Sychophantastic profile image85

Meg Whitman just announced her support for Hillary.

2. wilderness profile image94

Yes, we live in alternate universes, where anything a Democrat does is wonderful and Republican actions are automatically evil.  Where if we pretend Democratic malfeasance doesn't exist, then it doesn't.

But I'm surprised you can support her.  Even though Democrats can do no wrong, her attitude is astounding.  She's like a medieval Lord, who makes the law without regard to the people it affects and follows rules and laws only when he pleases.  Her constant attacks on the constitutional rights of law abiding citizens, her refusal to follow the simplest of rules that everyone is subject to, her complete disdain for anyone but herself are the marks of a megalomaniac that has completely lost touch with the people and doesn't care who she hurts in her climb to the top.  Perhaps she's gone too far this time with the rigging of an election?

So it goes both ways   Trump is a loudmouth boor with almost zero political power or influence while Clinton is a self appointed King with an enormous power base on the Hill and a complete disdain for the people (black or white, Muslim or Christian, male or female, straight or gay) of the country she would govern.  Who do you think will get things done when it comes time to call in the political favors to promote a particular program?

I definitely do not think that everything Democrats do is great. And I'm actually for more limited government. I think there's way too much government in our lives. In fact, I live in a community that's the poster child for liberal government out-of-control. It drives me crazy.

Just curious, where do you get most of your news information, Wilderness?

Why the pretense that Clinton is great then?  Why pretend she won't harm the country with ever bigger government and ever more welfare?  When she invites 10 million illegals to join in at the public trough?  When she bypasses the constitution in limiting what "shall not be infringed" just to pander to voters?.  When she ignores security protocols to save herself a few seconds?  When she lies to congress?  When she has, and uses, vast political power to her personal best advantage?  When she sells political favors to foreign countries that donated to her charity that returned just 10% of it as actual charity?

Why pretend that she will neither harm the country or it's people?

Again, where do you get your news information mostly?

And just to sort of answer your question, comparing the last 8 years to the previous 8 years, I'm comfortable supporting policies that have resulted in $2/gallon gas (hey, it was among Romney's promises), 5% unemployment, 20 million more people with health insurance, and a stock market at almost 19k.

3. Sychophantastic profile image85

Of the many Democratic candidates, she would not have been my first choice.

Hey look! An actual good Donald Trump proposal!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/artic … astructure

3. colorfulone profile image79
                colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hillary would rate very high on the Machiavellianism test. Her MO is "Never tell anyone the real reason you did something unless it is useful to do so."  Which would account for her long history of lies and deceptions.

2. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are picking the more conservative , southern Biased state  [including remaining southern rebel bias ]  for your example .    Makes me wonder just what the most liberal numbers are polling , say California ?   Have you presented That ? No - why because you are presenting  an extreme liberal  opinion ,You actually sound like most media outlets today - I'm sure  as an extreme lib you are out of one , want a job , go to the media !

Sure, let's compare the radical left and the radical right. I'm guessing the radical left in California wants single payer health care and amnesty for illegal immigrants and restrictive gun control. The radical right wants to exterminate homosexuals and forcibly remove all Muslims from the country.

Trump spokeswoman Katrina Pierson had a recent interesting defense of Donald Trump's attack on the Khan family. She blamed Obama and Hillary Clinton for their son's death in 2004. See if you can figure out what's wrong with that statement.

2. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

No!

Are you going to explain how 235 million people are unemployed in this country?

3. Sychophantastic profile image85
    Sychophantasticposted 7 years ago

Is this video characteristic of most Trump supporters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9YPYRaeTW0

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)