jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What would you do if you were President of the United States?

1. Writerly Yours profile image79
    Writerly Yoursposted 7 years ago

What would you do if you were President of the United States?

Ok, so now a lot of people don't like Obama.  Back during the Bush era, America at some point liked or supported him; then the tide changed. In 2008, Obama was voted in and the country (well those that voted for him) loved him and his policies. Now the tides changed again, so what would YOU DO as President to make our country better socially, economically etc.

2. digitalthinker profile image61
    digitalthinkerposted 7 years ago

End the Federal Reserve. Shut down the department of Education and Energy.

3. jobister profile image61
    jobisterposted 7 years ago

Use a flat tax system! Same for everyone. Stop government funded programs except for maintenance of roads.

4. kookoo88 profile image61
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

Flat tax and shut down the Fed.  Of course if anyone tried that, they'd probably shot soooo . . . . not much. wink

5. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 7 years ago

First, CUT TAXES!!!! And the size of government.

I'll stop there and maybe make it into a hub. Thanks for the idea, Writerly Yours.

6. Writerly Yours profile image79
    Writerly Yoursposted 7 years ago

Intriguing and fascinating answers thus far.

Freedom of speech, boy!

heheheheheheheh.

Thank you all--so far.

7. shynsly profile image58
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

As Obama has (thankfully) discovered, it would be pretty hard, if not impossible, to actually do much of anything of consequence fighting against one party or the other in Congress.

Ass-uming you mean, "what would I do if I could do anything", that's pretty easy, really. Start turning back the clock and get us back to the Constitution.

Phase out Social Security/Medicare, cut taxes for everyone except U.S. companies that export jobs, end the Federal Reserve, return us to the "gold standard", stop borrowing, stop spending, start drilling, secure the border while making the LEGAL immigration system slightly less assinine, end the TSA and replace them with competant civilian entities, repeal the health care nightmare and start looking at fixing what's actually broken (TORT reform anyone?), demand every bank and corporation that got a bail out immediately begin repayment with interest which would then be credited back to the taxpayers, followed by getting the govt. out of private business affairs... not to mention education and agriculture, withdraw from the U.N., repeal NAFTA...

That would be a start, anyways.

8. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

...a big job in a very trying time.  If I were President, I think I would go ahead and commit political suicide with my party the first day so that I could get on with the business of America.  The country needs to be stabilized right now first and foremost.  Business needs a five year horizon and it is limited to two at best.  Healthcare for all it promises is totally unpredictable and not looke upon by the majority as an asset.  Spending is out of control to the point that no one in Washington knows what we are spending taxpayer on until after it is spent...we don't even have a budget which it to say that we don't have a plan.  The President's job in my opinion is to be a uniter and not a divider.  If he spends his entire time in office attempting to mediate between the factions, then his work is well done.  If he stays at it long enough, he just might convince the public through his/her consistency and predictability that he does have a better idea.  America does not need "party politics" at the present...we are suffering woefully from the effects of that at the present.  We need leadership which is roote in democratic, Constitually oriented principles.  America needs to be led back to the centerline which was created for it by the Founding Fathers...that's our base, that's our essence, that's who we are...it would be the single greatest gift of any person who is President to lead us back there as a country. WB

9. Right On Time profile image63
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Take courses on how to manage stressful jobs.                             .

Closed to reply

working