jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

should walking while you text be against the law?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

should walking while you text be against the law?

isn't this getting to be a bit too much. to me this is just another way of removing our freedom.

2. profile image59
    JBunceposted 7 years ago

I think there are more important things to worry about. Walking while texting is incredibly dumb, but if everything that were dumb were illegal, we'd all be in big trouble.

3. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

There are too many silly laws already. Having said that walking and not paying attention to your surroundings could get you hurt. The robber boys are lovin' you for doing it!

4. Thunder Vixen profile image59
    Thunder Vixenposted 7 years ago

I think that would be absolutely ridiculous. There is no reason for "laws" against texting and walking. We already have too many uncalled for laws. They may as well make a law against multitasking in general then. However, some people need to multitask to feel functional.... So, despite the fact some people have had accidents there should be no law against it.

5. someonewhoknows profile image73
    someonewhoknowsposted 7 years ago

Walking while texting can be dangerous ,no matter who is doing it .You may think you can do it without causing a problem but like the saying goes ,it only takes one mistake to cause an accident.

There are no laws against stu-"ped"-ity .Pun Intended!

If,there were,there would be a whole lot more laws out ,then there are now.

I 've heard of some strange laws.and this would sound like one of them.

Then we have a law against not wearing your seatbelt but stupid is as stupid does!

Thank you ,Forest Gump!

6. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

i agree with the guys above, it shouldn't be made, illegal, just compulsory to watch where you're going whilst you're doing it

7. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I think it gets filed under the heading that is far too applicable to far too many people these days...it's just plain stupidity on display.  Texting is the next thing to a cave man chiseling symbols on a cave wall.  It is distracting, it is addictive for some unknown unbelievable reason, and it contributes greatly to people's inability to spell or carry on a normal conversation.  It is a dilemma in our society that so, so many people cannot make it for the length of a short walk or a short drive without either texting or talking on the phone.  It is a stark representation of just how absolutely sheep-like and shallowly stupid we are as a society.  You would think that our mothers raised us better. WB

8. profile image44
    ANDY5331posted 7 years ago

No way in hell, This is a stupid idea no offense, but that would be taking away human rights which is already diminishing, this gets back onto the query to make smoking illegal, your taking away peoples rights and freedom which propels and motivates peoples need to do whatever it is that is being taken away from them.