WOW, you sure know your politics!!!

1. gbolahan profile image60
    gbolahanposted 7 years ago

WOW, you sure know your politics!!!

2. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

Hi gbolahan

I'm glad you liked my answer.

If you are interested I get a lot of political/economic information from just watching television - the news etc. I do not, however, watch the BBC - which I consider to be propaganda that we have to pay for - I watch Russia Today, PressTV (from Iran), Al Jazeera and France 24 amongst others. Someone to look out for - if your'e after the alternative take on the world economy - is a guy called Max Keiser: a one time Wall Street trader who now writes for The Guardian and has shows on both Press TV and Russia Today.   This guy really spills the beans on what the likes of Goldman Sachs are really up to. I would warn you, though, that some of the stuff he has covered concerning the Irish economy is pretty dire (if you have any money in an Irish bank get it out - like all the foreign nationals are doing - yes there is a run on the banks going on in Ireland).

Another great source of independent information - the kind of stuff Rupert Murdoch's media empire will not be telling you - is to be found on the Showcase Channel (on the Astra/Eurobird satellite same as Sky TV), especially anything broadcast by Paradigm Shift TV, (although there is some pretty whacky stuff on there too). Most of their programmes are both authoritative and mind boggling.

All the best

pxd

working