i got a bench warrant for my arrest for not showing up to court with all my comm

1. profile image46
    almafierroposted 7 years ago

i got a bench warrant for my arrest for not showing up to court with all my community service...

days i live in california and my case is in la. i just wanted to know if thee police will come pick u up at ur residence for the warrant?

2. Sweetsusieg profile image83
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

Not usually.  If it is a non-violent offense they usually just wait until you get pulled over or have to show your ID to a Police Officer, then you will be arrested and handcuffed as normal. 

You still have an opportunity to clear it up.  If you didn't show because you didn't get your Community service completed on time, find a way to get it done.  Volunteer at the local Salvation Army's soup kitchen, or any place that you can think of to volunteer.  Make sure you get a signed slip for the hours you have put in, with contact phone number of the person signing.

When you have enough hours of service call your court house and try to schedule a hearing.  Most cases will not transfer, so you will have to do this in the County in which it was assigned.

Best of Luck to you!

3. Bail Up ! profile image70
    Bail Up !posted 7 years ago

If it's for a misdemeanor charge probably not. A felony however is entered into the NCIS. Any routine stop or other arrest will prompt a NCIS search and if your name pops up in the database you will be arrested. If you are really wanted detectives in La. would contact detectives in Ca. and yes they will go to your residence for out of state felonies.