do you agree with the U.S. Canadian border no longer be an unprotected border?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

do you agree with the U.S. Canadian border no longer be an unprotected border?

when i was a kid, crossing into the U.S. was easy and there were no armed guards, not so these days. do you think it's a good thing or are we losing our brotherhood with each other?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4524848_f260.jpg

2. vrbmft profile image80
    vrbmftposted 7 years ago

I do not keep up with politics, so I do not know the details of this border situation, but the key for me is the cooperation between Canada and the U. S.  If the facts are true that terrorist attempt to enter the US thru Canada, then it would seem to me it would be in both country's interest to improve border security.  Obviously, it is a huge undertaking because securing that many miles seems almost impossible, as with Mexico.  So cooperation is the key.  If cooperation cannot be "grown" so to speak, then we have to step back and ask why.  I mean Canada is not a stupid country, and I found that entering and leaving Canada seemed more difficult than entering the U. S., altho I have only been thru that experience once.  So those are my thoughts.  It is more about the dialogue between the two countries than it is whatever logistical arrangements are made about protecting the borders.

3. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

Getting into the United States undetected is trivial for any moderately determined terrorist. We have thousands of miles of coastline in the United States, and over 10,000 marinas. 'Securing" the borders with our ally, Canada, does virtually nothing to protect us, other than provide an illusory peace of mind.

working