“In a Democratic Society The People traditionally & historically are Pacifist, w

1. Muneer A. Saleh profile image57
    Muneer A. Salehposted 7 years ago

“In a Democratic Society The People traditionally & historically are Pacifist, why aren't we?”

2. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I think it stems from the fact that we have had to fight from day one to have a democracy and to remain a free nation.  No society has survived very long in the history of the world by simply turning the other cheek. One does not bargain from a position of weakness...only strength.  So, I suppose you could conclude that the world will not allow it. WB

3. Mike Gulett profile image58
    Mike Gulettposted 6 years ago

Where do you come by the assertion that "In a Democratic Society The People traditionally & historically are Pacifist, why aren't we?"

There have not been any countries in history to compare to the USA. The United States Constitution redefined democracy.

What the USA has done over the past 250 years has not been perfect but it still is the best form of government in human history. Let's hope that it continues to get better.

Back to your statement - if the US is not attacked then the US will not start a war. Look what it took to get the US into WWII and WWI. Yes, I know the US is not perfect - the Iraq war proved that.

working