jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

why do people move to other countries but still act like their home country is t

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

why do people move to other countries but still act like their home country is the best?

it always bugs me to see people who move to canada or anywhere else try to act like where they come from is better. what makes them think this?

2. profile image0
    Ruach Eishposted 7 years ago

Another interesting one.  Maybe they pshychologically want to compensate for the fact that they've left it behind.  Maybe at some level they even feel homesick.  I suppose we all have an instinctive loyalty to the place we feel we belong or come from, and perhaps that instinct growns stronger in a strange place, especially if a person feels like they don't quite fit in.

3. itsandreawilson profile image67
    itsandreawilsonposted 7 years ago

It's probably habit and upbringing more than anything. If you spend a great deal of time in an area, you become partial to it's unique dynamics.

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I have an answer to those people:
    'If you don't like it here, go back to your own country.'

5. Mr. Happy profile image81
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

I think I can answer this since I lived half my life in Romania and the latter half of my life (or just a little more) in Toronto, Canada.
    I love my country of birth. I am full blooded Romanian, my ancestors the Thracian people have been recorded by the Ancient Greeks as having been in the same region of north eastern Europe as early as 1000 BC. I honor my culture, morals and heritage.
    Yet, I have lived in Canada for quite a long time. I think in English not in Romanian. I am involved in politics and social issues here in Canada because I live here; this is my home now. I have two homes I suppose and I am extremely grateful for that.
    I love Canada! The little I have seen of it (Ontario and Quebec) amazed me. This is a gorgeous country with so much to offer and everyone living here should be thankful for what this land offers us.
    I cannot chose which country is better. Both countries make-up who I am. Yes, I cheer for Romania at a soccer game if it is playing but I have been to soccer games here in Toronto to watch the Toronto FC.
    I think some people do not integrate as well. There are many who come to Canada at a later age in life and have problems learning the new language, culture, etc. It takes time.
    I wish I helped a little on this topic.

6. drdspervez profile image69
    drdspervezposted 7 years ago

I think it is human nature to always want what you do not have. While a person may not appreciate the comfort of one's own country, they ted to realise the luxuries they had previously when they move to a foreign country.

7. KevinStyles profile image56
    KevinStylesposted 7 years ago

i believe your answer is within the psychology of human beings. People celebrate their blood lines because no matter where they go they will say positive things from the place of origin, to say other wise would advertise themselves as having inferior genes.

8. LouMacabasco profile image57
    LouMacabascoposted 7 years ago

This is interesting question because I see alot of these people in my country.  I agree with what most hubbers have answered. 

1) Human nature of liking and missing what we don't have, then feeling ungrateful for what we currently have.
    2) We are naturally attached to our homeland because we feel that our existence happens there.
    3) Pride on one's origin
    4) Last reason is probably people don't see progress in their homeland.  That's why even if they love to stay in their homeland, they chose to stay in other countries.  This is the most common case in my country.

9. tinaweha profile image66
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

that's really funny and interesting.  I've never thought about it but you are absolutely right.  And, I can think of 2 ethnic groups that would fit into your theory.

10. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

These types of people are acting in a rude manner. It's like going to a friend's house and saying your house is much better. It is these type of people who give Americans a bad name but I'm certain people from other countries do the same.