jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

What country would you choose to live in (other than your home country) and why?

1. crowsnest profile image60
    crowsnestposted 13 months ago

What country would you choose to live in (other than your home country) and why?

For example, if you're from the UK, you might choose to live in New Zealand. Your reasons might be because of a similar culture or language. Or it might be because you love the mountains.

Thanks for your answer!

2. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 13 months ago

I'm from Canada...

First choice would be Iceland because I love their lifestyle, it's amazingly beautiful, most people speak English, and I prefer a mild climate.

I'd also happily live in England or Ireland. smile

crowsnestposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Iceland is one of those places that I'd love to see, but I probably will never get there. Is the climate much milder than Canada?

2. Aime F profile image84
      Aime Fposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Yep. Well, at least where I am (Alberta). The winters in the south of Iceland never get too cold and the summers never get too hot. Here we get -35C in the winter and +35C in the summer. No bueno.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 months ago

Yeah. Canada, Australia, England, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, South Africa - I'm sure I could be okay anywhere where English is the primary language. I'd think it would be very dang cool to live anywhere in the United Kingdom or Ireland. I'd love love love to get to see and learn about all that history. And the most of my ancestors came from those places.

Nice list! That's my ancestry as well. My choice would be somewhere Down Under. smile

4. Happy Knees profile image60
    Happy Kneesposted 13 months ago

I want in Finland because I want to witness the Aurora Borealis. smile That was my ultimate goal.

1. Terrielynn1 profile image93
      Terrielynn1posted 13 months agoin reply to this

You dont have to be there to see them. Iam in northern Alberta and we see them here too.

2. Happy Knees profile image60
      Happy Kneesposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Thank you Ms. Terrie for the info smile

5. Terrielynn1 profile image93
    Terrielynn1posted 13 months ago

I am a history buff. My dream is to live in Italy one day. It makes my heart happy just to think about. Or close by. The Mediterranean, in general the architecture is amazing. In the next few years iam hoping Arizona. The climate is what my bones need and it's beautiful there too.

Some of my relatives have studied abroad in Italy, and they loved it. I've never been to the Mediterranean.

6. messygeek profile image60
    messygeekposted 12 months ago

I'd love to live in Spain - particularly in the Catalonia region. I think the food, culture, and way of life are all exceptional there, even though with globalisation that's all changing (laregly for the worst). You have great weather and the sea as well.

Second place would be Iceland - because it's such an extreme place, on the periphery of things, and yet so vibrant.

7. profile image59
    Daniil Timinposted 12 months ago

I would love to have a farm and live in Patagonia, Argentina. Maybe one day it'll be possible.

working