jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think it's worth it to syphone billions of dollars into Mars missions ami

1. moncrieff profile image79
    moncrieffposted 7 years ago

Do you think it's worth it to syphone billions of dollars into Mars missions amidst this crisis?

If so, why?

2. sarclair profile image80
    sarclairposted 7 years ago

On one hand, the Mars missions could be something that we really do need, and it does help with jobs. We have wasted money on worse. It doesn't sound good to throw billions away to other countries, when we have states and towns in the U.S. that suffer. I believe in helping, but, we need to help us first. As long as the money helps with jobs and it's for the better good, it's ok. However, all the other things that we are doing with money are crazy!

3. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

no i don't. one of the reasons is that if we were to get the ability to inhabit mars, only the rich would enjoy this or people that are trained for space so the majority of us would pay for something that we will never benifit from.

4. profile image45
    garystuffposted 7 years ago

Billions of dollars? Is that really happening? Do we really believe everything that we hear? I'm not saying that someone is siphoning of public funds under the guise of furthering the prospects of humankind, but...

5. profile image54
    yaturi3posted 7 years ago

Yes! Designing and building the space craft will enhance research and technological development which will come into positive use one day. One might have asked the same question several years ago about defense spending on arpanet, which was later to become the basis for the internet everyone enjoys today.

6. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

Absolutely and I think politicians and greedy banksters should be forced to pay for it!

working