jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you been the target of bullying? How has it affected your self-esteem?

1. lorlie6 profile image83
    lorlie6posted 7 years ago

Have you been the target of bullying?  How has it affected your self-esteem?

2. sadahaniko7 profile image57
    sadahaniko7posted 7 years ago

Hi Lorlie. Thanks for your question. So far, I have not experienced being bullied to the extent of affecting my self-esteem. I was fragile-looking when I was younger, but I have always been a strong person and I am quick to determine whether a person is about to pounce on me or if he or she is trying to be friendly.

There was an instance when a guy in my school attempted to bully me. They were making fun of me because of the way I walk, calling me Ms. Hanger (because of my thin frame). Upon hearing them say those words, I went up to them, showed them how high my kick was and told them never to call me names nor make fun of me otherwise each one of them will receive what is "due him." That was the last time they did that and they tried to befriend me afterwards.

3. Sarah Masson profile image69
    Sarah Massonposted 7 years ago

Yes, I was teased in primary school and high school. I finally stuck up for myself and it stopped at the time. Although even now at 23 I've been bullied. I thought I was out of highschool but apparently some people never grow up.

4. profile image0
    Fay Paxtonposted 7 years ago

I was bullied when I was a kid. New girl in school,  all honors classes. You know the drill..."she thinks she's smart, she thinks she's cute".

I was oblivious to the harassment until I was suspended from school because I was accused of breaking a kid's arm. One of the bullies had done it and the kid was too frightened to tell, but that's when I woke up. I passed out a little ass whuppin and then everybody wanted to be friends.

That was years ago.  Kids are so vicious now, one barely knows what to do.  As for my self-esteem...the reasons I was bullied made a difference.  It's a lot different to be bullied because of something positive than things that are perceived to be negatives.

working