jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

the conservatives in canada want a manditory 6 month jail term for having 6 pot

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

the conservatives in canada want a manditory 6 month jail term for having 6 pot plants, does...

this make sense?does it make you think they are out of touch or do you think it's a good idea.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image87
    Jeff Berndtposted 7 years ago

Well, I don't get why beer is okay but marijuana is not, so no, it doesn't make much sense to me. Too much time and energy is wasted on enforcing a law against a substance that has a milder effect on people and society alike than alcohol does. We'd have a lot of money that could be spent more productively if we'd stop spending it on interdiction, prosecution, and incarceration of marijuana users.

3. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

The nut bars in the Conservative party are always rattling their sabres.  But the Minister of Justice made it clear they are not trying to go after small time users or growers and even the Conservatives know that a 6 month jail term is meaningless and few people ever serve short sentences if, for no other reason, than it is extremely expensive to keep someone in jail.

4. poorconservative1 profile image61
    poorconservative1posted 7 years ago

I have to disagree with the conservatives in Canada on this point. I think that having marijuana on the black market causes more corruption than it would on the legitimate market.

working