Should we scrap the monetary system?

1. joshhunt83 profile image61
    joshhunt83posted 7 years ago

Should we scrap the monetary system?

Imagine a world where money is no longer the driving factor of life. Imagine a world where your soul responsibility is achieving your full potential in life. Imagine a world where we don't consume vast amounts of the world's resources for financial gain. Do you believe a world like this can exist? Do you believe there is enough humanity in the world to make it happen?

2. slock62 profile image74
    slock62posted 7 years ago

What you suggest would be great but it is doubtful it will happen unless they scrap the whole government and the capitalist ideal.
    Without the monetary system those in power would have no means of staying in control.
    Our monetary system is set up so that all but the priviledged must follow certain rules and guidelines or do without.
    Our workplaces offer barely livable wages for us while taking the lions share for themselves. The Federal Reserve sets the interest that can be earned on savings and what must be paid on money borrowed.They cause inflation of the dollar with nothing to back up the value.
    Prices do nothing but go up and the average person is left wondering how they will hold onto what they have worked so hard to build.
    This is all in the hands of Corporations and elected officials that we have put in office.
    It is up to the individual to become educated about what he/she can do for their family and loved ones to assure security in the future.
    You've really got me started with this question!!!
    At some point those of us who work for a living and are at the mercy of the system must at some point find a way out.
    A good way to begin is to do a merciless inventory of the things you consider necessary to be comfortable. This takes a true wish to be conscious and truthful with oneself.
    To those that this applies it is time to start being realistic. Every dollar that is spent on anything that is not essential only puts you that much deeper in the whole. In order to climb out start stripping down and getting rid of all the extras. This does not mean you can't give your children a special treat now and then but even that should fall into what is realistic.
    I believe the day will come when we will have this forced on us so why not get a head start and be one up on them.
    Learning how to be self sufficient and being able to do things like grow a vegetable garden, use alternate transportation, cut the restaurant foods etc. will make a huge difference in your life and how you are able to manage.
    Okay enough of this I think you get my point. Do some research on alternatives that you have.
    I believe we may all be happier for this.