What are the first five things to do if an national economic crash occurs?

1. profile image47
    slinkyposted 7 years ago

What are the first five things to do if an national economic crash occurs?

ok, so I've pulled my  $11,000 out of the stock market and buried it in the back yard.  I've used some of it to buy a 90 day food storage supply.  Then one day the headlines scream "economic crash" .  What are the first five things I should immediately do?  I live on five acres and have a well and wood stove.

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

If the economy  really crashes, the money you buried will best be used for scrap paper.  Purchase silver from a reputable dealer, or jeweler.  Coin form is best, as bars can be faked and will be hard to cash in.  You will need a hand pump if the power grid crashes because the well will do you no good without power.  Have a generator for emergencies and fuel to run it.  Get a small solar array to charge batteries--available for about $125 and looks like a briefcase.  A greenhouse for growing food would be ideal if you live in a climate that is harsh.  And you need a way to protect that you have accumulated for survival, arms, dogs, whatever. 

I may have given this a little thought myself. :-)

3. Brooke Lorren profile image61
    Brooke Lorrenposted 7 years ago

I agree.  Get gold and silver with your money - now.  Utah has already passed a law saying that you can buy things with gold and silver coins.  Other places throughout the United States are also already accepting gold and silver as currency.

Guns and ammo are also a good idea to have.  You'll want to be able to protect what you have.  Also, don't advertise that you have any of this.  You don't want hungry looters coming to your door.

Plant a garden on your five acres.  The time to get seeds is now, not after the collapse.  Get heirloom seeds, and learn how to do the planting.

If you wait until the headlines say economic collapse, you're behind the power curve.  Everybody is going to panic when that happens.  If you're going to do something, do it now.  When the headlines read economic collapse, then, although you may want to dump the last of your dollars in exchange for something real, you won't be panicking, because you'll be ready.

working