What five things would you choose to bring to a new world and why?
Imagine the world were about to end, and you were among a group of humans chosen to travel to another planet to start a new life. Every basic necessity you will need to survive will be provided. You are told that you can only bring five things with you on your journey. What are these five things?
I'd probably take my favorite books, if every basic necessity was indeed provided for.
first if my family cannot come, I don't want to go. Then books, I thought for thirty minutes and books are the only ones I think about.
1. Tools to build; 2. A weapon for protection and possibly hunting; 3. An encyclopedea of our worlds history, photographs/memoirs etc, so as not to forget; 4. A pen and paper to make notes; 5. A box of matches (lighter).
Probably change some if I thought about the question more deeply.
Love times 5. With love to give and receive there could be a world worth living in.
1. My mobile
2. My laptop with net connection
3. My wife
4. My first daughter
5. My second daughter
Wow--interesting question! My first response is this:
1) An electronic form of "books." If I am limited to five items, then 5 books would not be enough. But if I had a Kindle, perhaps, I could have whole libraries of books on there. I think we need to remember history and learn as to not repeat the same mistakes. Included in these books would be the important, ancient historical books (including the Bible) and also books that tell "how to" (i.e. how to use herbs to make medicine)
2) Not sure if technology would be available in this new world, but if so, computer would come with. If not, pen and paper to write.
3) You said that all basic needs would be provided for. If the food was limited, though, I'd want to bring seeds and some animals. Can that count as one thing?
4) I would say people such as family and friends, but you said "things" in your question and since people are not "things" I'm assuming that my family is already coming with me for the sake of answering this question. If I'm thinking about personal comfort, I'd want to bring pictures--but not sure that would help develop a new civilization. How about some clothes and blankets, bedding, etc. There's personal comfort again.
5) What would be best for the good of all humankind? This question is more difficult than I thought. If food and shelter is already taken care of, maybe a bag full of things for cleanliness and personal hygiene? Toothpaste, shampoo, soap, etc. Then we can study its properties and figure out how to reproduce it.
I don't think I really like my answers. Oh well. I guess here's what is at the surface!
It would be the same as I would leave in the old world.
The Lord -He's not a thing but neither are the next two things I mention
An open mind
by magodis6 years ago
What five things will you leave to a new world?If this world ends shortly and if you have the chance to live in a new planet with a few fellow beings, what would you leave in the current world to make your life a better...
by David Stillwell6 years ago
What five things will you plant in your winter garden?Now is a good time to start the winter gardening process. What will you plant and how do you decide what to plant for your winter gardens?
by rob_allen6 years ago
Five things you would do if may 21 is really the end of the worldIf may 21 is really the end of the world, what are the five things that you will do before that day comes?
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 years ago
What are the FIVE things that make the color RED the most vibrant, beautiful, intense, and thesexiest color imaginable?
by Kiz7 years ago
Five Things Every Military Wife should know
by Mary Hyatt6 weeks ago
Do you think now is a good time to bring a baby into the world?The world is such a crazy place now. I believe I would hesitate to bring a new life into this world.
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.