jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is the economy of the U.S.A. stable?

1. capncrunch profile image74
    capncrunchposted 7 years ago

Is the economy of the U.S.A. stable?

2. Dee aka Nonna profile image80
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 7 years ago

What a funny question!  If you look at the definition of the word stable you find it means resistant to change of position or condition; consistently dependable.... so we can consistently depend on the fact that everything...food, shelter, gasoline, etc is getting more and more expensive while wages remain the same (stable) or actually going down.  So our reps in Congress....those on Wall Street and in the Banking industry remain resistant to change of position or condition.  So, short answer, NO!!!!

3. My Esoteric profile image91
    My Esotericposted 7 years ago

Barely.  It has upward momentum, which is a good thing.  I don't think, however, that it would take a whole lot to reverse it because hiring hasn't hit its stride yet, companies could pull back quickly.

The problems in the Middle East coupled with the Conservative insistance on doing the right thing at the wrong time could easily set us back.

4. profile image0
    Dandraposted 7 years ago

NO!                                                                                                     .

5. profile image0
    David99999posted 7 years ago

The short answer is no.  The U.S. economy hasn't been stable since the 1990's.  The game of Roulette being played by both big business and government is bound to have major negative consequences within the coming 10 years.

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i wouldn't say stable but it is starting to get there. the problem is that it will easily collapse if the US isn't careful.