jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do politicians always promise what they know that they cannot do?

1. philirodje profile image59
    philirodjeposted 6 years ago

Why do politicians always promise what they know that they cannot do?

Politics is such a deceitful game, it is so sad that one would lie to his mother, Father and brothers in the name of politics.

2. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

Because the voters have a short memory span and they allow themselves to be sold a counter-solution or opinion once the person is in office. Obama suffered from much of that as he bad-mouthed Bush only turn around and take the same position...look at the Git-Mo closure situation.  This is the very reason we are where we are today in this country...the voters have not held anyone accountable for the promises and lies.  As long as those in Washington can continue to draw their fat paychecks and benefits and run around the country like royalty with all their bennies, we will see nothing but this result.  We must demand accountability for promises and programs and turn those out of office who do not produce on them.  Look at ObamaCare...at a cost of $3 trillon dollars to the taxpayers and we are calling this a "reform" to the current Medicare system.  Let's get real here, with a $3 trillon dollar shot in the arm Medicare would be in pretty good shape in many ways.  Don't complain about riding in my Chevrolet and tell me the solution is a Mercedes...that's BS!  If America cannot identify a healthcare solution that is market based rather than government run, we'll will never change anything.  The only thing this program does is further complicate the problem, allow for more waste and theft, reduce the quality of the care and who gets it, and puts the controls in the hands of the federal government.  The American people should be running away from this so fast that you could hear the thunder of their feet.  Instead, we, as voters allow these folks to get into office and do what they damn well please while they give us back some kind of double speak explanation...those days need to be long since over. WB

3. DonDWest profile image63
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

When politicians lie, I don't think their intentions are always necessarily vile or corrupt. When your girlfriend asks, "do I look fat in this?" you tell a lie. Politics is much the same.

4. skisy profile image83
    skisyposted 6 years ago

Simplest answer...So people vote for them, meaning they get in power and they can do what they actually want to do.

5. Neon_Letters profile image61
    Neon_Lettersposted 6 years ago

Because people will keep on believing they will do what they promise... sad but it works.

working