jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do Americans feel more lonely than other countries? (including Mexico, Europe, S

1. mariefromsf profile image55
    mariefromsfposted 6 years ago

Do Americans feel more lonely than other countries? (including Mexico, Europe, South America)??

I had a friend from Brazil who said she has never been depressed. She said she didn't understand why Americans were always depressed. I'm thinking it's a loneliness factor.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I'd imagine that it's a result of everyone feeling such a desire to become materialistically wealthy that we do not often appreciate the small things in life as we should, and we do not socialize properly because of this material, mass media driven sickness.

3. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

When you are lonely, as we are all sometimes are.........does it matter what our country of origin is?

As for " percentages".........well, as an accountant, I   can tell you much about the manipulation of numbers.

In a world trade zone, a world monetary system, a global enviroment..........does it really  matter where that lone and sad voice comes from?  If it does, all other attempts for equality  have failed.

If there is 1  among a million........that sole one, is still a  voice in a sea of humanity.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Maybe we are. Other countries tend to live with or around extended family and we tend to isolate ourselves from family as soon as is humanly possible when we grow up.  So maybe we are more lonely.