jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think anyone can do a better job than Obama?

1. Peter Guyson profile image57
    Peter Guysonposted 7 years ago

Do you think anyone can do a better job than Obama?

Face it. It's the toughest job during the toughest time. Leaders have to make tough decision. Do you think anyone in the world, can do a better job than Obama?

2. J.S.Matthew profile image81
    J.S.Matthewposted 7 years ago

I think that Obama is doing his best. He entered a huge mess and is working diligently to try to fix it. This will take years-most likely beyond his presidency. I don't think anyone could do more because of all the bureaucratic BS in Washington. Corporations run this country.

JSMatthew~

3. chasemillis profile image65
    chasemillisposted 7 years ago

anyone with a high school education that has been through governent and economics - more than likely

responce to JS Matthews - Yes he did enter a huge mess with Bush's big deficit/debt, but Obama has nearly trippled it in just 2-3 years.He may be working diligently, but He's just doing it wrong. If he remembered his history, he would know the outcomes of different situations like raising/lowering taxes

4. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i'm Canadian but i think Mr. Obama is doing a decent job. not a great job but if he didn't have the teaparty try to make him look bad at every turn, i honestly believe he would be doing better.

5. N.Q profile image61
    N.Qposted 7 years ago

I think he is doing his best. It is very easy just sitting outside and making points. He has got a bad legacy of his predecessors.

6. Darknlovely3436 profile image83
    Darknlovely3436posted 7 years ago

President Obama is doing the best he can, when you have a hard job, like being a president, and you do not have the right tools,(persay) to work with, In my heart i believe that the Democrats and the Repubican should work together for the good of the country,
    not one side pulling away, we the people, voted for each and every one of them, however, they are not coming together for the good of the country.....and we the People need to get rid of them... for the sake of our children future... Mr. Obama is one of  the good guys,
    he cannot run this country alone..... "this country needs strong leader, not whinning politican all the time  and most likely it's the Republican who want to have things their own way.

7. CHRIS57 profile image59
    CHRIS57posted 7 years ago

Mr. O. is one of the few learned persons that got into presidency. The last one before him was Bill Clinton and  the last Republican was Richard Nixon.
    But there seems to be a spell on educated presidents. It appears to me that they always have bad luck with their advisors or may be they don´t appreciate good advice.
    How else can be explained, that a charismatic, intelligent president with a decent program is performing so lousy. I think it is the Bernankes and Geithners that are not worth a dime.
    To answer the question: No, not anyone can do better than Obama. But he himself could do a much better job if he disposed of bad advisors.

8. Matt in Jax profile image68
    Matt in Jaxposted 7 years ago

Just like your local Publix manager or the cashier at your local Wal-Mart, there's always someone who can do the job better. But will they ever get that job? No. Would it be easy for them to be accepted and prove themselves in that new position? No.

9. danthehandyman profile image75
    danthehandymanposted 7 years ago

Yes. He inherited a poor economy and has trebled the damage in two years that took Bush eight - that's 16 times worse. He won't drill for oil and tells Americans to sell their SUV's. To whom, the Chinese? He supports 'green' so his political contributors can sell windmills. He took the bailout money and gave it to the people who created the problem instead of helping those affected. He creates public sector jobs by taxing the private sector -- great long-term strategy. He has us involved in now 3 wars, the dollar's value is plummeting, hyperinflation is on the horizon, 15 million Americans can't find work, and he wants to force young, healthy people to pay for Obama care health plans.
    I guess it's all in how you measure performance, but as some of your commenters have said, "He's doing his best." I just don't believe his best is anywhere near good enough. A good manager surrounds himself with good advisors. If he is surrounded by idiots (a great argument can be made for this) then it is still the chief executive’s fault. The buck has to stop somewhere, and after more than two years of blaming Bush, maybe he can man-up. We need someone who will.
    The deficit is now growing at over $1.3 trillion a year. That’s a hard number to fathom. Check out http://www.myhomevirtuoso.com/NatlDebt.html to get a grip on that much spending!

10. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Face it...Obama is really not nor has he ever really been the problem other than his desires to create a bunch of community vegetable farms in America to feed the government run produce markets of our little commie country that he keeps designing in his head.  Our problem in this country is Congress...always has been and always will be. Our problem since 2007 is that Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi have been in control of those two government entities and I cannot dream up two more genuine bozos to run a three ring circus than those two.  Reid runs his street corner shell game and three-card monte lining his pockets with other people's money and putting all his relatives on government payroll. Pelosi cannot so much as lead the House to put a buget in place or to hold spending to even a sane level yet has the nerve to point out that no other House in history has saved the taxpayers more money...this woman should be packing tuna cans in one of her American Somanian tuna sweatshops with her husband.  When the American people ever wake up and remove such as this from public office then we might just have a chance to survive as a democratic republic than can manage its money and pay its bills and as such can still put up with the likes of a Barrack Obama who does not seem to have either a birth certificate or a clue. WB

working