jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would you pay a few dollars more for products Made in the USA?

1. amwalsh profile image72
    amwalshposted 6 years ago

Would you pay a few dollars more for products Made in the USA?

2. ahsn_foreclosure profile image59
    ahsn_foreclosureposted 6 years ago

for certain types of products - beauty, cars, higher ticket items - yes. but for things like plastic cups, etc not necessarily. i think we definitely are buying too many exports from other countries and need to revert back to consuming goods that we produce ourselves - this will help stimulate the economy and create jobs as well.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Yes, I believe in supporting those who support me.

4. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

I will always pay a few dollars more as long as the person wanting a few dollars more can tell me why I need to pay it.  Now here is where that does not fly so well.  You want me to buy this car made in the USA and it cost more dollars primarily because it is assembled by union labor who demand high pay, above average benefits, above average retirements, and the list goes on...where does that show up as an "added value" in the car you are attempting to sell me?  There is no real correlation and that is why so many people see the unionized labor of America pricing itself out of the job market.  When you can say this is a better product because it is made in America by union labor, then you may have something to work with. Until then, there is no direct connection between the two. At the same time, America has waited far too long to ask the question.  When we run the businesses out of the USA that manufacture and assemble products, it is too late to ask why?  So, I guess you could say that your question needs some clarification on this point. WB

working