jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is trying to help out in the middle east worth while?

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Is trying to help out in the middle east worth while?

do you think that fighting wars over there, helping out governments etc, is even worth while. personally I see it backfiring on the west.

2. Thesource profile image81
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

There are many other wars, atrocities and genocide going on around the world.

These are also going on in Africa and Asia. They don't get much spotlight in the West and in their news media.

The rich and powerful in the West are heavily dependent on the supply of oil and stability in the region. These powerful groups have powerful lobbyist in political circles.

The real reason why the Bush-Cheney administration went into war in Iraq was because of oil. Both Bush and Cheney are from the oil industry and has close ties with the oil companies. Thanks to Osama Bin Ladin and 9/11, they use the terror card to justify an invasion into Iraq. The Director of CIA was quoted saying that there is no credible evidence of terrorist from Iraq even before we went to Iraq. In fact, there was more Islamic terrorist in US than in Iraq.

The businesses made billion of dollars out of the war in Iraq.
    Companies like Halliburton, private contractors, arms dealers made so much money they would not want anyone to know.

3. Amy Becherer profile image74
    Amy Bechererposted 6 years ago

I think if the Middle East wanted our help it would be a different story.  But, they view us as infidels so what the hell are we sacrificing our young men and woman for?  If they wanted democracy, they'd have democracy.  Instead, I believe the hatred for American's proliferates, as a nation that demands everyone else live by our principals.  We may very well be viewed as terriorists in our own right.  Meanwhile, American families are losing brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, mothers and fathers.  Some come home in a box, others come home without arms and legs, altering many lives forever.

4. conkend14 profile image60
    conkend14posted 6 years ago

I agree with Amy. My boyfriend is in the Navy so I get to hear a lot of the "inside" stuff going on, and he and my views often differ considering i'm liberal and he's conservative. Anyways, I just feel like now we're ruining everything these people have been raised with. I understand that some of them do want a democracy for their country, but the other half do not resulting in our soldiers coming home dead or wounded. The percentage of people that want a democracy in the middle east should change locations to a place that has what they want. The United States has established it's territories and freedom, it has to let the other countries do the same.

working