Why are churches considered non-prophets?

1. peanutroaster profile image71
    peanutroasterposted 6 years ago

Why are churches considered non-prophets?

2. odie_driver profile image61
    odie_driverposted 6 years ago

I think you mean "non-profit" instead of "non-prophet". I'm sure each church has some beliefs about prophets...

Also, they are likely considered non-profit because they are not *supposed* to keep any monetary profit for the benefit of one or two people - the intent is that they distribute it back to the community or for use within the church itself - a community organization.

But.. does that actually happen? I have no idea.

3. scauthor1969 profile image65
    scauthor1969posted 6 years ago

Churches are considered to be non-profits and are tax exempt because they are deemed to be charitable organizations without a profit motive. Most churches provide assistance in their communities although the level of this varies by church. Many churches provide assistance to their members and the community at large through clothing and food assistance, perhaps financial assistance like help to pay heating bills, and support to other non-profits. If they did not do this than there would be a larger demand for services from the government. I guess the various taxing authorities feel this is a reasonable trade-off.

working