jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Am I allowed to talk about a non-profit organisation?

1. Clairepeek profile image59
    Clairepeekposted 6 years ago

Am I allowed to talk about a non-profit organisation?

I have a friend who is running an association to help scolarize kids in Ethopia. I would like to talk about the association's work and include an interview of my friend (if he accepts it). This of course entails that I will have to add ONE non-hub link in my hub.

I think that their work is important and I wish to make more people aware of it, but it has a 'promotional' goal although not commercial. So, am I allowed to post such a hub?

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

Without seeing a Hub, it's a little difficult to say, but usually writing a Hub about a non profit organization is fine.  The normal guidelines apply.

3. Clairepeek profile image59
    Clairepeekposted 6 years ago

Thank you Paul! Now I know and therefore have work to do.

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Yes not only would it be fine by HP guidelines but you would also be providing a public service, which is noteworthy of itself, just keep in mind not to include more than 2 links to the site.

5. VirginiaLynne profile image97
    VirginiaLynneposted 6 years ago

I agree that this definitely follows Hub guidelines, but I also think that reviewing non-profits is a great idea for Hubpages, because you are allowing people to know more about volunteer opportunities.  I know quite a lot of wonderful work being done around the world by small groups of people who just saw a need and decided to help meet it.  I like this idea of giving these groups some exposure.  I may write some hubs like this myself now that you've given me the idea.  I think that to make them work for Hubpages, it would be important to make these informational hubs and not just a plea for money.  Maybe the best way is to approach it as an idea that other people could emulate.