jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What freedoms or restrictions do you want to be guaranteed by an Ammendment to t

1. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

What freedoms or restrictions do you want to be guaranteed by an Ammendment to the Constitution?

The Founding Fathers left many freedoms from the Constitution, This gave rise to the Bill of Rights and seventeen other Ammendments.

2. profile image81
    Hxprofposted 6 years ago

I don't want any amendments to the Constitution at this point.  Our politicians do whatever they want to do anyway-there's been little regard for the Constitution for some time, and that's only going to get worse.

3. someonewhoknows profile image76
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago

I think one of the problems with restrictions when it comes to contitutional law is "who" decides what is a "legal" restriction vs what is a "moral" restriction ? The two aren't necessarily compatable.

4. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

I think sooner rather than later something needs to be done about privacy issues in general, but more specifically about DNA. I believe it is so fundamental and crucial to protect the privacy of our DNA that it should be added as an amendment to the constitution. If we do not protect the sanctity of DNA, which is a blueprint for building ourselves, we are asking for serious consequences down the road.

That doesn't necessarily mean it can't be used, but that its collection and or use is consensually agreed upon, what it is being used for is explicitly stated, and that it is used only for the reason given and destroyed when it is no longer needed for that purpose.

And while they are at it, they should include a ban on genetic discrimination.

5. songboat profile image60
    songboatposted 4 months ago

we need no more or no less that what the founding fathers included in the founding documents. Those words and those words alone are what made us claim to be a free Nation. What we need is the people to do their duty as written, Unite as one and prevent tyranny its that simple.