jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever dreamed of living in the wild?

1. Mandrake_1975 profile image91
    Mandrake_1975posted 6 years ago

Have you ever dreamed of living in the wild?

How many have had the desire to learn the essentials and just try to live life like John McCandless?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

That's not something I'd care to dream about.  Would I like to be ABLE to survive under any and all conditions?  Absolutely!  But would I VOLUNTEER to undergo extreme privation just for the sake of doing it?

Um-m-m...nope.

3. chasemillis profile image65
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

All the time! I'm not sure who John McCandless is, but after watching Man vs. Wild, I would love to go out in the wild! It for some reason seems fun to me, even if it was terrible conditions. (And yes, I know that Man vs. Wild isn't real. I like it because he shows people how to survive, I don't care if he really does or not)

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i lived like that when i was in my early teens. i ran away from home and lived in the bush for about 3 months. i don't know if i would want to do it again because i enjoy having electricity, plumbing etc., but it was a good learning experience.

5. FranYo profile image57
    FranYoposted 6 years ago

I do occasionally consider this, but not so much to live without conveniences -- rather, to avoid people.  Seems like the longer I live the more I dislike people (and their motivations) and the more I appreciate living organisms that are not human. 

Trees, for example, rarely have ulterior motives...The wind?  Never!

6. cyoung35 profile image87
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

I sometimes think it would be a good thing to get away from the stress of everyday life but in reality how long would this be nice? I think for me after a couple weeks of living off the land would be a nice vacation but I would personally miss some of the modern day conveniences.

working