jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Did you ever read Where the Wild Things Are?

1. ntmarketing profile image59
    ntmarketingposted 5 years ago

Did you ever read Where the Wild Things Are?

2. StephanieBCrosby profile image86
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 5 years ago

No, I haven't. But I am sure going to get a copy now that Maurice Sendak is no longer with us. It is a shame because my children love watching "Little Bear."

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Yes, my kids had a copy. I have to admit I thought the book was a little creepy but I know kids sure love it.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Only to a class of special needs primary school chioldren, they loved it.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Sure, lots of times. I read it when I was a kid, and I've read it to my own kids as well. I was bummed to hear of Maurice Sendak's passing today.

6. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

Well yes, of course! I have a treasured copy from my own childhood which is also still treasured by my own now rather more grown-up children. I think it is an absolute mastrerpiece of children's writing and illustration whose prose reads like poetry and whose pared down language and phrasing carries multiple layers of rich  and subtle meaning. Children certainly do love it and I think that is because it speaks directly to their experience. I suspect that if someone doesn't like this book, they have forgotten what it was like to be a child.

7. profile image0
    Marntzuposted 5 years ago

Yes, back when I was in kindergarten. I loved that book as a kid. with the authors passing I might go read it again.

8. recappers delight profile image82
    recappers delightposted 5 years ago

Every year as part of story time.  It was actually one of the stories I felt safe to tell in a very conservative part of the country where Halloween stories were not always welcome.  I would, instead, read stories about kids who overcame things that scared them.