jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think a wiccan will ever run for president?

1. BizGenGirl profile image89
    BizGenGirlposted 6 years ago

Do you think a wiccan will ever run for president?

Being a studier and follower of wiccan practices, I wonder how come there has yet to be a wiccan presidential candidate. Aside from the obvious answer that the christian presi candidates would probably try to smother any spotlight they got. Still though, I think wiccan principals are a perfect match with American ideals. Do you think a wiccan will ever run for president?

2. My Esoteric profile image90
    My Esotericposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, no; just as a Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, atheist, etc will never run.  Obviously, that isn't quite true, they may try to run but will get nowhere fast, at least for the time being.  The reason is that America is made up of roughly 91% Christians; it keeps getting smaller over time though. 

Christians, along with Muslims, express themselves in practice, and in total contradiction to each religions most fundamental tenents, as very intolerant individuals, but, don't try to convince them of that.  Let me say that there are several branches of Christianty that make very determined efforts to practice what they preach such as the more liberal wing of Episcopalians.

Watching what has happened to President Obama, who is actually a Christian, one of the tolerant ones, during the election and afterwards is proof enough.

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image93
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I believe if a wiccan did run for president, that person would have to hide his or her beliefs to win.  It is a shame that many people in the U.S. cannot learn to be more tolerant of other religions.

4. Midianite profile image61
    Midianiteposted 6 years ago

I support wicca(ns) fully, I believe that their practices are of great benefit (mother nature > nurture) - and I also believe that at the base of most non-orthodox philosophies is some form of nihilism - which I think is the next step of realization for our species advancement.

Sadly, 'our kind' will probably never make it into parliament sad

working