jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would the moral ramifications be for changing past events if time-travel we

1. Mitch Alan profile image81
    Mitch Alanposted 6 years ago

What would the moral ramifications be for changing past events if time-travel were made possible?

i.e Would killing Hitler prior to his rise to power be justified? or pick your own historical turning point and decide the "yes or no" factor to such actions both from a "butterfly effect" standpoint and a moral framework.  Let me know if you post a Hub...

2. James Agbogun profile image61
    James Agbogunposted 6 years ago

The World as it is today, was shaped by those past events. The Episode of Adolf Hitler, as evil as it was, was a decisive point in the History of Humanity. The fall of Nascism was followed by High level of freedom, Liberty, Equality, Rapid Decolonization, and a lot more.

3. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

We see this now in our own life by our own decisions mixed in with others that intertwine with our life and the results of it is seen now moment by moment in our present life on the earth. The decisions that we make now will change the future events from our now actions. Example: " Daily Nuggets Moment AMBASSADOR BRANDON BUTLER " is a world changer for the benefits of all of humanity that will now last forever on the earth because it have been established firmly around the world through 100% referring Sites as of today June 27, 2011 A.D, 4:08 AM.

4. Sethareal profile image77
    Setharealposted 6 years ago

I believe in the zeitgeist, as in history has a way of working itself out. So basically there are no moral ramifications because no matter how hard you try to change the past, it will pretty much happen the same way.

If you went back in time and killed Hitler like your example, then when you get back to our time WWII still happened except it was someone else.