Do you believe you had a past life?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Vasiliki Bouras profile image59
    Vasiliki Bourasposted 11 years ago

Do you believe you had a past life?

Do you believe you had a past life, and do you believe in past life regression?
    I have noticed the popularity of this subject unfolding and especially in children before the age of 7 have matter of fact responses to "past lives" knowing who they were before they came back.
    What do you think?
    If you believe you did have one or multiple ones, please share your experience.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6690494_f260.jpg

2. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6690836_f260.jpg

Time is an illusion - so there wouldn't be 'past' and also could possibly 'remember' a future self.

If thinking in a immutable soul that that takes possession of a succession of bodies that is also a no because even in one lifetime you have (hopefully) matured and evolved spiritually as you age.

If the soul is a life force that is ever changing then yes.

The 'no time' thing is so hard to understand - it's like a worm with many segments but we are only aware of one segment at each changing moment.

Have a hard time how there is no time and your body is stretched out over your entire lifetime?  Then check out the video "How To Imagine The Tenth Dimension" it's online everywhere.

It gets really weird when a 'particle' (it's not - it's a tensor force) appears to travel back in time during quantum tests. We just call them particles because the math is easier than doing it in tensors.   
    http://ptosis.hubpages.com/hub/QuantumIn4

Vasiliki Bourasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Now that is an answer I was not expecting at all. I especially relate to what you said : "The 'no time' thing is so hard to understand - it's like a worm with many segments but we are only aware of one segment at each changing moment."

2. Catherine Kane profile image82
      Catherine Kaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I understand that this may be so, but i find that the idea that everything is happening at the same time makes my head hurt.

I find I have enough challenges keeping track of linear time appointments

3. SidKemp profile image84
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

I have recalled and worked through issues from many past lives - more than ten. And I feel the energy of and receive nourishment from my future self, as well. Consciousness transcends time and space.

At the same time, I do not "believe in" reincarnation. I simply have discovered that it works to act as if I remember these experiences happening to me and myself performing these actions. I heal these other lives the same way I heal events earlier in this life: Love to nourish the release of pain and grief; Receiving gifts of wisdom and skill; and using meditation and insight to learn life lessons.

In general, I have found that the first connection to a particular other life is challenging, as often the painful memories of illness, imprisonment, loss, or death come first. Once those are healed, however, the wisdom, humor, power, and skill come through clearly, and last the rest of  my life. For example, when I first started to study T'ai Chi, I remembered a life as a martial artist who died young from tuberculosis. Once I healed the death and illness memories, I woke up with phenomenal skill in learning T'ai Chi and martial arts - way beyond what I should have, given the efforts I've put in in this lifetime.

It is also fun to guide others through other life discovery journeys.

Enjoy the journey!

Vasiliki Bourasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great answer and thank you so much for sharing, I personally believe that I have lived before. When you mentioned your experience when doing T'ai Chi, I too have had "flash backs" (what I call them) of living during the 19th century on some farm.

4. edhan profile image36
    edhanposted 11 years ago

Yes. I do believe in past life.

It is the natural cycle of life like the water evaporates - becomes steam or vapor - form cloud - then rain in the form of water again.

We are reliving our lives again until we understand the path of enlightenment. By then, we will actually be 'alive' in spiritual form.

Past life regression is a way to invoke your sub-conscious mind to recall. Not everyone is successful in doing so. Knowing your past life will help you to understand your present life and the obstacles you may be facing now. Knowing helps you to change and be better.

5. Kalmiya profile image65
    Kalmiyaposted 11 years ago

Yes, I believe in a past life. I base my belief not so much on esoteric knowledge but rather on how I have felt when I travel to certain destinations. When I went to Ripoll, Spain as I looked off into the Pyrenees mountains I had a strong and certain feeling that I knew it and I had been there before, and likely as a soldier.

When I've been to Mexico City I get a different feeling but even stronger on an emotional level. It's as if I can feel the energies of the entire North American continent stretching from the northern tip of the Rocky Mountains down through Mexico and further south like a great tom-tom beat.  But I have not yet had any direct conscious experience of a past life.  Perhaps one day!

6. connorj profile image68
    connorjposted 11 years ago

I honestly do not know; however, my experience while comatose was interesting and could perhaps shed some light on this question. As my life "flashed" before me I became aware that it continued to "flash" back before my birth. It appeared like I "travelled" way back to a "place" that was Eden-like (Note: no indication of gold paved streets and buildings etc.)...
    I can only speculate, yet I had a feeling that at least my soul had transended through time, perhaps 1000s of years...

7. Catherine Kane profile image82
    Catherine Kaneposted 11 years ago

I've had several past life regressions, and the results were accurate, insightful and surprising enough to give me evidence that it's more than a fanatsy...

8. ibbarkingmad profile image59
    ibbarkingmadposted 11 years ago

In the sense that my spirit has an existence before it gained this mortal body, yes. In the sense that I was some other person who died and was reincarnated, no.

9. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

No. I have not had a past life...but I am no different than anyone else in this regard.

There is reality and then there is the hope of an altered reality. I have committed myself to seeking the truth, so I have not allowed myself the flexibility or granted myself the license to seek alternatives to the truth.

As the Holy Bible states, "It is appointed for man to die once...and then the judgment." This statement, therefore, grants no room for fantasy or delusion.

10. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 11 years ago

i don't believe anyone has had a past life or life after death or any such thing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)