jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you registered to vote? If you have, why did you bother? What does our vo

1. Johnathan L Groom profile image35
    Johnathan L Groomposted 6 years ago

Have you registered to vote?  If you have, why did you bother?  What does our vote mean in politics?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5219394_f260.jpg

2. tangoshoes profile image59
    tangoshoesposted 6 years ago

Many people don't realize that you do have a swing. While you may not feel your vote matters in some of the larger elections, presidential being the most popular, registering to vote also gives you the ability to sign petitions.

Just today I stopped on the side of the rode to sign a petition to recall the governor of Michigan who is hitting our public education system with some serious cuts.

If I would not have registered to vote (I do it when I renew my vehicle tags every year) I would have not been able to sign that petition. Many petitions comes down to a few hundred - thousand signatures.

Even if you have no desire to keep up with politicians or to vote for them, you should still consider registering. You never know when an issue may come up that effects you directly!

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Since both parties are basically the same, there is no point in voting. Not voting is a form of protest that makes politicians uncomfortable.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

What does a penny mean in the dollar?  By itself--not much but gathered together, they bring power as does voting.

working