Have you ever felt abused in the worklplace?

1. soozeqsh profile image81
    soozeqshposted 6 years ago

Have you ever felt abused in the worklplace?

Behaviors that would be punishable in "the real world" are accepted and endured in the workplace.  The tight job market has made things worse since employers know they can get away with unacceptable behaviors.  Nasty emails, demeaning remarks, and unrealistic demands are now the norm in many companies.  Prerequisites for jobs require individuals to be available for unreasonable hours and to be capable of "multi-tasking" (otherwise known as doing more work than they get paid for).  The workplace is evolving to become a chamber of horrors with few options for recourse for the mistreated worker.

2. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I feel that the "economy" scare is being perpetrated by employers who see no need to hire more people when they can exploit their current workforce. My last employer used to fire people who had been around for a few years and made a little more money, only to replace them with new hires. They also completely ignored DOT and OSHA requirements. I tolerated it for a little over a year and decided to start my own business. My opinion is that employers just want to get away with whatever they can and maximize profit. It always helps if you have the :economy" to blame.

3. Judi Burton profile image71
    Judi Burtonposted 6 years ago

Ever worked as a waitress?