jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Diversity Salad or Melting Pot, which makes a better company, country, world?

1. Inventurist profile image76
    Inventuristposted 6 years ago

Diversity Salad or Melting Pot, which makes a better company, country, world?

The United States has a history of immigrants - but in the previous century they melted in to form a UNITED country. Diversity has created separate communities with diverse interests. Canada, Europe, What is better for the whole?

2. profile image0
    mikeq107posted 6 years ago

I think the one major Cataylist that has Changed everything in this century Is the Media and the very small minority that control it.

If the media was to be controled by the public and not shareholders we would see a move from fear of our neighbour to understanding of diverse cultures and how we can can all truly learn from each other and more importantly how much we really are alike:0)

Great Question..Thanks for asking!!!
    Mike :0)

3. NorthEast Timber profile image62
    NorthEast Timberposted 6 years ago

Melting pot.  Then, all come together striving for common goals for themselves, their children, their country. Otherwise, you end up with all separate communities trying to push their own agenda, and no cohesivness.  Look at the gangs, and how they embrace diversity. 

With diversity you will need separate laws for each group, not all groups have the same beliefs and laws.  You cant have one group be held accountable and another not, because of cultural differences.   With diversity someone will always be offended if another comes into their area and doesn't act according to what is culturally acceptable to them.  Wars are started because of that.

There is no way to manage a country from a thousand different perspectives.  It can't be done. A country has to be untied to succeed.

Germany, Britain, and France have all said multiculturalism is a failure.   Of course no expects people to give up their heritage, but I it's best to celebrate it, not flaunt it.

4. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 6 years ago

One of my parents was born in another country and the other was born here.I have no alligence to other countries.I am an American .Not an hyphenated American.I bekieve in a united world though for the good of all if that is ever going to be possiblity.It's doubtful

5. d-richie93 profile image62
    d-richie93posted 6 years ago

I think that immigrant both legal and illegal contribute to a large part of America's economy

working