jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When is enough...enough? Do we as a society have a breaking point?

1. tHErEDpILL profile image86
    tHErEDpILLposted 6 years ago

When is enough...enough?  Do we as a society have a breaking point?

Our government lies to us without batting an eye.  Wall Street bankers and global elites have bankrupted our country and sent us into the mist of a soon to be irreversible economic downfall.  Unemployment rates look like credit card APR's and your starting to realize that the (k) in your 401(k) plan doesn't stand for "thousands".  All of this is happening right now, yet it doesn't seem like anyone is the least bit angry.  I wonder what is going to happen when the people who think that "every little thing is gonna be alright" realizes that it's NOT gonna be alright?

2. AJReissig profile image75
    AJReissigposted 6 years ago

I think we have reached that point, at least for many in the nation.  The emergence of The Tea Party and many other groups who are against big government show this.  And as much as the professional left would like you to believe that the Tea Party is a bunch of racists who hate Obama, the real tipping point was the bailout at the end of the Bush administration. We has allowed our indivual freedoms to wither away for far too long.

3. cbl2988 profile image59
    cbl2988posted 6 years ago

Did Rome have a breaking point? I think overall we will, but by the time that happens, it will be too late.

4. wilbury4 profile image73
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

What good would showing anger acheive?

working