jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is the "breaking point" on your Hubpages numerical ratings when you decide

1. Debby Bruck profile image73
    Debby Bruckposted 5 years ago

What is the "breaking point" on your Hubpages numerical ratings when you decide to remove it?

When cleaning up our Hubpages and removing old Hubpages that have not received much attention, do you use a numerical value that determines the breaking point? When it drops below 60 points more or less? What strategy do you use to clean it up, remove it entirely, change it up or other?

2. seanorjohn profile image79
    seanorjohnposted 5 years ago

I only have 15 hubs. I got rid of one because ....... I think it had broken links from youtube.

3. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 5 years ago

I wrote a hub about this When should you unpublish a hub? Basically, I haven't unpublished any. If the score lowers to around 60, I will look at the hub to see what I can do to revise it. It usually helps.. Or, you could also market that hub with other sites to give it more exposure. I do everything I can to improve the lower ranking hubs.

4. Joelipoo profile image80
    Joelipooposted 5 years ago

I have been struggling with this.  Out of my sixty hubs, I have only have two that are below the 60 point range, and that is about my breaking point.  Since I have only been on HubPages four months, I do not want to start deleting yet.  I think I will just revise them for now and hope it makes a difference.  Eventually I'm sure I will start deleting some hubs that I notice are trending down.

5. profile image0
    TechTrendyposted 5 years ago

Initially I removed one or two and then decided to keep the poor performers and revise them with more content, adjusted the titles to be more search engine friendly while still human friendly. I've got some slacker articles but they do dribble in traffic and usually that traffic seems to explore around and find more of my interesting hubs. I figure if you have already done the work why destroy it but instead just try to make it better.

6. teaches12345 profile image97
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I appreciate your asking this really good question and thank all the hubbers for their answers. This is information useful to all of us and will help us to keep our articles out there.  I do like the idea that we have worked so hard to write them, so why not just improve them?  Thanks.

7. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Most, if not all, of my Hubs are still above the 60 point mark so I haven't worried about it. To be honest, even if they dropped below 60 I think I'd leave'em up anyway. For all I know, the day after I deleted one might be the day when it would suddenly "take off."

8. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I admit that the hub score does matter to me, but what matters more is the amount of views.

I move old hubs to blogger.com as as a rule - and I've got a ton of blogger accounts.

....I'm thinking of moving all food type hubs to blogger just because I want my HP account to have more of a focus upon the niches I excel in.

I look at the average number of my hub's scores - and anything below the average is a candidate to get deleted and moved...within reason.

9. tom hellert profile image59
    tom hellertposted 5 years ago

Deb - you know me... I dont care about numbers I put up what I want and I leave it up till I dont know when.. because my theory on my hb number has never been proven wrong- Every few weeks hubpaes throws a dart at the dart board multiplies the number by their next throw then divides by their third throwremoves 50 from that number and adds the square root of that number to the quotant  and you get your new hub rating. +-3.
    TH

10. cheaptoys profile image61
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

all my hubs are my babies no matter the score so i keep them alive

11. Rosemay50 profile image80
    Rosemay50posted 5 years ago

I am in the process of trying to do a make-over on some of  my hubs to raise the score. I have deleted a couple with very low scores though. I recently deleted one of my best scored hubs to publish as a book and found my overall score dropped by 4 points, so I need to make up for that to bring it back up again.
    I will be along to read your hub and maybe pick up some tips smile

working