Has AnyOne Ever Tested Your Breaking Point?

1. "Clouds Among Us" profile image68
    "Clouds Among Us"posted 7 years ago

Has AnyOne Ever Tested Your Breaking Point?

We have all been there before, met confrontation with confrontation. We have faced down our adversary with scolding disgust. Then realized how much the other person went through in order to push our buttons. What have you done to defend yourself?

2. FitnezzJim profile image82
    FitnezzJimposted 7 years ago

I grew up with someone who delighted in verbal needling or chastising with the goal of generating confrontation.  Once I got old enough to understand this, I simply began making note of the actions or things that would instigate the needling, and allowed those things to occur on a fairly regular basis.
    In the end, I was rarely caught by surprise with respect to what the complaint or chastising would be about, and the verbal needling posture that would ensue.  Almost always, the needler would get frustrated and eventually run out of steam.
    In short, my defense was nothing more than intelligent preparation of the confrontational space.  When you know what's going to happen has no real harm, you will no longer feel pushed to the point of breaking.

3. profile image53
    fallsfellaposted 7 years ago

Several have.  One walks with a limp, one had to learn to write with the other hand and one sits in a wheelchair all day long.

working