jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the greatest threat to society in the modern world?

1. mtalbot2987 profile image74
    mtalbot2987posted 6 years ago

What is the greatest threat to society in the modern world?

2. Rod Marsden profile image75
    Rod Marsdenposted 6 years ago

Overpopulation. Too many people. Idiot religions not coming to terms with there being too many people. The results? War, water shortages and famine.

3. The Optimizers profile image60
    The Optimizersposted 6 years ago

I would say that it is, and always has been religion.

4. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

Apathy. Most people don't care about anything that is happening in the world and even fewer will ever do anything about it. This is why politicians, bankers, school administrators can continually rape the public and no one does anything about it. They simply don't care. Jefferson once said that there should be a revolution every generation and I am inclined toa gree with him. However, we are long past the point that American citizens could have affected any positive change. If the people ever rise up against an injustice in this country, it will be a dog and pony show, polishing brass on the Titanic as it all goes down.

5. Sunny2o0o profile image72
    Sunny2o0oposted 6 years ago

Religion, overpopulation and the exhaustion of resources.  Oh, climate change is also going to be up there soon.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Economic collapse and resource depletion combined with the more grossly-uneducated and ignorant parts of the population reproducing at a high rate.

7. myinjuryattorney profile image56
    myinjuryattorneyposted 6 years ago

for me, discrimination and religion! Maybe these two things will forever be an issue and at the same time a threat to all of us.