jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Was Bin Laden really behind 9/11 or just a convenient scapegoat?

1. andrewwilliams63 profile image60
    andrewwilliams63posted 6 years ago

Was Bin Laden really behind 9/11 or just a convenient scapegoat?

In a statement issued to the Arabic satellite channel Al Jazeera, based in Qatar, bin Laden said, "The U.S. government has consistently blamed me for being behind every occasion its enemies attack it.

"I would like to assure the world that I did not plan the recent attacks, which seems to have been planned by people for personal reasons," bin Laden's statement said.

2. stayingalivemoma profile image82
    stayingalivemomaposted 6 years ago

I absolutely believe that Bin Laden was the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks. I think he was a very skilled liar and a highly charismatic, intelligent, horrible person. He was too smart to come out and say, "Yes, I did it."

3. andrewwilliams63 profile image60
    andrewwilliams63posted 6 years ago

According to the US he made a video admitting responsibility for the attacks, even though he denied it in a statement to Al Jazeera..Personally i think something doesn't stack up...

4. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

The video in which Bin Laden "admitted fault" was later determined to be a hoax. The man playing Bin Laden is obviously younger and facial recognition software proved that it was not him.

For those who have never taken a course in Terrorism Awareness, you may be inclined to think that he cleverly avoided admitting to 9/11. NO terrorist would ever deny responsibility for what would have been a crowning achievement. The simple fact is that Bin laden was already on the FBI Most Wanted list and they may as well blame someone they are already after. $100,000 was wired to the lead 9/11 hijacker by the Pakistani intelligence department. This has been proven and the 9/11 Commission Report simply states that it is of little concern????

If anyone is interested, I have written a hub detailing some of this.

http://jonesy0311.hubpages.com/hub/The- … -Bin-Laden

working