jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is the so called 'War on Terror' a convenient excuse to invade oil rich countrie

1. andrewwilliams63 profile image60
    andrewwilliams63posted 6 years ago

Is the so called 'War on Terror' a convenient excuse to invade oil rich countries?

2. rafken profile image79
    rafkenposted 6 years ago

Yes. Maybe not just oil rich though. Afghanistan is rich in minerals, but in this case the plan failed. Whilst the US was spending money and good lives fighting in Afghanistan, the Chinese stepped in and got all the mining contracts. If the US pulled out now, it would display to the world what the US was really after. Now they have to stay a while and lose more lives, just so they wont look bad. In Iraq the US all but got full control of the oil. I don't see the US invading Somalia, they have no oil or minerals to speak of, nor does the Yemen.

3. gshill profile image59
    gshillposted 6 years ago

If it is, it is a poor one.  The USA has spent more money in fighting the "War on Terror" than we have reaped, except for maybe in the private sector.  If more of the money spent to clean up other countries after we "liberated" them was spent in our own country and on our own people, our nation wouldn't be in the sad financial shape it is in now.

4. brooklyn00123 profile image61
    brooklyn00123posted 6 years ago

I believe so. But I think it is also part of an agenda of ruling the world. Spreading out and setting up bases. Notice how once the wars are over American military bases will stay there. In Iraq, Afghanistan, and wherever else they might go. Once we go to "help" these countries we do not leave.

working