jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever served on a jury and if so, was it boring or interesting?

1. Danette Watt profile image86
    Danette Wattposted 6 years ago

Have you ever served on a jury and if so, was it boring or interesting?

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image61
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I have been summoned for jury duty twice. I never made it past the panel jury (jury selection)

3. ModernDisneyGirl profile image60
    ModernDisneyGirlposted 6 years ago

I enjoyed jury duty. They had us fill in paperwork, then lined us up. They had us stand in the hall for a bit. Then they sent us back to our seats. Then they lined us up again. Then they directed us all into a meeting room where they informed us that the case had been solved/ plead out. So we were dismissed before going through panel selection.

(meaning, just because you go doesn't necessarily mean that you'll have to serve on an active Jury.)

4. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

It was interesting and neat to be a part of the process. Fascinating, really. However, it was really stressful, too, because I'm always so busy at work. Another time I was selected, I told them I was so busy at work, it would be hard for me to serve, and they let me off!

5. Deborah-Diane profile image82
    Deborah-Dianeposted 6 years ago

I served on a jury that during a competency hearing.  We had to decide if someone was competent to stand trial, or if the person should first be committed to a mental institution for evaluation.  We decided on the mental institution.  The whole process was very interesting, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to serve.

6. Happyboomernurse profile image87
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

Serving on a Grand Jury was very interesting and also scary. I was working as a home care nurse at the time and we had been warned that certain areas where we routinely made home visits were high crime and lots of drug deals going down.
    Serving on the Grand Jury confirmed what we'd been told. The Grand Jury service lasted 2 weeks, mostly 8 hours a day hearing about 4 to 6 cases a day. It was also easier to make a decision as we only had to decide if there was reason to believe a crime had been committed based on the witnesses and evidence that was presented to the Grand Jury. We didn't have the burden of deciding guilt that would send someone to jail for many years or perhaps life.

working