jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What would you do if you came across a dead body?

1. Cutters profile image60
    Cuttersposted 6 years ago

What would you do if you came across a dead body?

2. cobrien profile image75
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

I would probably have an accident! It would depend on the situation.

3. hpedneau profile image74
    hpedneauposted 6 years ago

I was a crew leader for the 2010 Census. I was packing up one day (it had been a long day) and I saw one of my guys coming in late. I rolled my eyes and he proceeded to tell me about his day. He found a huge cooler on this back road and saw tons of flies around it (I'm going to assume he wanted to grab the cooler.) Anyways, he opened the cooler and there were pieces of flesh inside the cooler. He immediately went to the closest house (didn't have a cell phone) and called the police. At this point I was freaking out, poor guy. He called me later that night and was really upset. Turned out..someone was poaching deer. If that would have happened to me, regardless of if it was a deer or not, I would have freaked out.

4. Allen Williams profile image83
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

I would call the police first of all but I would also be very careful and with a quick view of the scene I would make an assessment of how the person died.  I don't mean to make it sound like I would make a medical diagnosis, but in general I would try to determine if it looked like there was a struggle, or is blood visible, or does the scene look calm and it appears as though the person died naturally.  The reason I would try to make those determinations is for my own safety.  If it looks like a murder scene that just took place, the murderer might still be there and I could be in danger. I would be looking for a place to get to where I could see what was going on but be protected against immediate danger.  I would not touch the body or anything else so there wouldn't be a chance of tainting any evidence at the scene.

5. profile image0
    Lee74posted 6 years ago

It happened to me. Neighbour had a heart attack in the street. Called an ambulance and did what they said.

working