jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why a young woman crocheting on a train raise more eyebrows than the other one d

1. Ania L profile image85
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

Why a young woman crocheting on a train raise more eyebrows than the other one doing her make up?

2. Erin Boggs1 profile image77
    Erin Boggs1posted 6 years ago

You know how our society thinks that only old women crochet and knit. Which really isn't true...but you know how it goes...

3. profile image61
    SanXuaryposted 6 years ago

I do not think a girl crocheting would even raise my eyebrows. If I showed up and a girl began doing her make up I would assume she had a slight interest in attracting me however. If she was already doing her make up I would not raise an eyebrow however.

4. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 6 years ago

Maybe people found her crocheting skills more impressive than the other's painting skills.

5. Cassie Smith profile image69
    Cassie Smithposted 6 years ago

It's a skill that very few people have and perhaps they were admiring what she was creating.

6. dahoglund profile image81
    dahoglundposted 6 years ago

I have not taken a train since the 1960's. I used to ride the bus to work however. I don't recall seeing anyone doing makeup. crocheting was fairly common sight and I cannot identify an age group. My daughter is in her thirties and does crocheting but I don't think she rides the bus.

working