jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you repent something you did which affected someone negatively?

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Do you repent something you did which affected someone negatively?

2. HattieMattieMae profile image62
    HattieMattieMaeposted 6 years ago

I usually do, it's just the right way to be.

3. bethperry profile image93
    bethperryposted 6 years ago

It depends on the situation. If what I did actually caused harm to that person or truly hurt their feelings or was plain thoughtless, callous or stupid then definitely YES I repent. But if the negativity factor is something like they go to jail after I report them for harming another person or animal, then no I won't repent.

4. OutsideTheLines profile image60
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

It depends. If I do something with a spirit of vengeance then there's a good reason for it. I'm not a cruel person by nature unless there's an injustice done to someone I care about or a cause I know is right.

5. Aceblogs profile image60
    Aceblogsposted 6 years ago

Well yes obviously i do regret of my actions when they actually hurt some one and thus i always find a way to make up to that person by correcting what i did in some way or the other. TO accept your mistakes and try to improve it is the best way to live life smile

6. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Sometimes. I have very vivid memories of things I have done and said wrong to the point where sometimes even after a decade I have sent a message to the person on facebook saying, "you know what? I am so sorry about that, I was younger I was stupid, but I hope you accept my apologies." Some people are very happy to hear it and often talk to me quite a bit after that even become close friends. Mending fences is a great feeling.

7. pastorreachout profile image65
    pastorreachoutposted 5 years ago

You hit a core nerve with this one Rajan! My knowledge tells me I should repent. I am truly sorry I said something or did something which negatively affected a friend of mine. However, as my friend points out, repent means to turn around, and don't go down that road again. Apologies or saying 'I'm sorry I thought means I am truly sorry for the occasion of negative comments or actions but can be taken by another as only saying I'm sorry because I got chastised for the comments or actions. In other words I got caught in my negative remarks. I am made aware that my remarks were negative. Now I can either ignore that I said them, which is probably what I would have done, had I not gotten called on the carpet for them or I can muster up an attitude of regret that I said something negative which usually hurts someones feelings. Third choice is to quit doing whatever it is I keep doing in a negative way or with a negative message. My truth is I feel like everything I do is so well thought out that I almost never mess up so saying I'm sorry is going to only happpen once in a great while. That is a false truth that I have nurtured in my mind. Now about the repentance. I want to repent, I know I need to repent, I am feeling truly sorry I did what I did or said what I said. Only time will tell if I have repented and turned away from my negative comments. Something I quote often is "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."
    Thank you for helping me question my heart and do something positive with the remorse. Long live repentance!

working