jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Satanisim considered to be a religon,Is the church of SATAN in Sanfrancisco,a

1. profile image37
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

Is Satanisim considered to be a religon,Is the church of SATAN in Sanfrancisco,a real church?

That the former Head Mr Anton Le-vey was really an ordained priest?

2. chuckbl profile image81
    chuckblposted 6 years ago

It is certainly considered to be a religion for as someone commented on one of my hubs, religion, by definition, is a set of beliefs pertaining to the cause, nature, and/or purpose of the universe...usually with some supernatural agency attached. Therefore, a group of people worshipping a supernatural agency such as Satan means that they have their own religion. Although, it is a bizarre concept why people choose to worship Satan in the first place...

3. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 6 years ago

I have had a conversation with a female member of wiccan and she told me that a Catholic high priest founded Satanism religion and they believe and abide by the teachings of Satanism.

4. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

As far as the United States is concerned, Satanism is a religion...of course, so is Scientology. All of the masses and traditions used by Satanists are really just their way of poking fun at Catholicism. The basic teaching of Satanism is essentially humanistic; humans are the greatest creature on earth, so you should do whatever makes you feel good. It's perhaps more of an ideology than a religion, but the line is very thin and fuzzy.

working