jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Which is the greatest social problem in the present world?

1. jazirhaneef profile image59
    jazirhaneefposted 6 years ago

Which is the greatest social problem in the present world?

2. SweetMocha-Monroe profile image76
    SweetMocha-Monroeposted 6 years ago

Racism, hands down! We as a society are too fixated on the color of ones skin. We do not take the time out to get to know a person before we judge their race. Many of us would not know the first thing about the true being of a person before we judge them based merely on hearsay.

3. shwetha123 profile image71
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

Education is the greatest social problem in the present world. In my opinion only education can solve every kind of problems in present world.

4. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

"Self-centerism" which translate into racism, religious wars, selfishness, abuse, schemes and more. People only think about themselves and having more. They are ready to do anything to anybody to get their way. I have lived, worked and still deal sometimes with people like that. You just need to be light and let the non light be, make your light brighter by educating children for the best and ignoring or stopping when you can these kind of people.

5. platinumOwl4 profile image76
    platinumOwl4posted 6 years ago

I believe both racism and the education system is the major social issue in today's world. This problem is magnified by commercial interest. When you can keep people distracted with superficial interest they are easily controlled. Once you have them under control you (the commercial interest) can dictate what to think, buy, and and above all who you should like or dislike. This is now institutionalized by the the educational system and the legal system an has even filtrated into the religious system

6. whoisbid profile image74
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Definitely racism. People can be racist all their life and never know it, so I guess racism can be tied to ignorance. Ignorance has something to do with the way you are educated. Unfortunately too many educated people in this world who keep learning but end up more ignorant. People who accept  all languages, cultures, nations and traditions and keep an open mind are the salt of the earth. They are the people who want to make a difference in the world, not just in their small group of friends who look and talk the same as they do.

7. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Oh, I suppose it's the fact that nobody cares about anyone else. People's values and priorities are all wrong. There is little to no human compassion, at least in the US. The things people spend their money on is astonishing.

working